Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a gt at the moment 2.0 jts but the coupe just isn't practical for my needs and kids.

Been looking at a 156 but a jtd is there anything I should be looking for also how different are the two cars underneath are they basically the same platform?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
156 has the same chocolate suspension components and the engine bay looks very similar. The jtd engines are very strong and reliable and have no swirl flaps. The 156 also has no CANBUS which is one less thing to break. It doesn't really have anymore space despite being a 4 door saloon. The SW is no larger either.
The rest is down to personal taste. I think the dash and trim is far more appealing in the 156. Both cars look good. The diesel unit is better than the jts in all respects other than the sound it makes (which is kind of important). A late 5 pot is probably the most desirable. High mileage shouldn't present any problems if the car has been loved.

·
Registered
600 Posts
All you will get are a couple of extra doors. I remember changing a GT for a 159 when my baby was born but apart from the doors was less practical so went back to a GT

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have both. The 156 is slightly easier to get small children in and out of but I wouldn't say practicality is enough of an issue to make me choose the 156. Both are great cars, both have same chassis and suspension set up. I think the GT is more fun but then I am running a 3.2!

Reactions: badgerdom
1 - 5 of 5 Posts