Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, after nearly 3 years in the 159 (1 saloon and 1 sw) I'm thinking of changing. It'll probably happen before crimbo, but I cant see anything else that really appeals :( I do 25K a year, love driving the 159 but want a change. Love the space of the 159SW and with 2 kiddos, it is superb. Ideally a new 169 will come along, but what in the interim?

Any suggestions as I move temporarily from the fold? But dont worry, the wifey will be getting a Mito when they come out, so I'll be commandeering that at will:lol:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nope, sod all comes close to it without being boring I'm afraid, unless you go much more expensive.

But, I have only just bought mine so I'm probably bias. :D

How about being really different and getting one in white with black wheels with a white band around the edge ;) When I was looking, If I had seen a white one, I probably would have had it :thumbs:

Had a look around a new Porsche Cayenne GTS in white being PDI'd for it's new owner and it looked amazing :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, sod all comes close to it without being boring I'm afraid, unless you go much more expensive.

But, I have only just bought mine so I'm probably bias. :D

How about being really different and getting one in white with black wheels with a white band around the edge ;) When I was looking, If I had seen a white one, I probably would have had it :thumbs:

Had a look around a new Porsche Cayenne GTS in white being PDI'd for it's new owner and it looked amazing :)
Yeah, I can see plenty of dearer cars esp the Mazzer quattroporte, but that it gonna happen any time soon with me forking out for 25K miles per annum :(
So it has to be able to give a really thrilling drive, be suitable for 2 adults and 2 young kids, do 40 mpg or thereabouts and look like an alfa - i cant see anything that fits the bill :(

·
Registered
637 Posts
So it has to be able to give a really thrilling drive, be suitable for 2 adults and 2 young kids, do 40 mpg or thereabouts and look like an alfa - i cant see anything that fits the bill
I can, get another 159 till the 169 comes along :)

As far as I can see my 08 is a vast Improvement over my 06...TBH if I bought something else I would not feel at home in it...

U

·
0 Posts

But, I have only just bought mine so I'm probably biased. :D

Moby Dick?

If you drove that you would have to watch out for harpoons :)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Hi M :thumbs::)

Changing the 159 huh :confused::( Getting old then :p:lol:;)

How about a C-class estate :confused: I had a C-Class loaner from Alfa UK (yes, true!!) and quite liked it. The 220cdi is meant to be a decent engine and in AMG bodykit, looks pretty good too - just avoid the auto. :tut:

Got a review on here somewhere too... will dig it out.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Another 159? A Ti:cool:

N

·
0 Posts
Very very ugly front end though - only its mother could love it
Tell you what, saw a good looking black 'un
this afternoon. One thing that is really not nice:
The leaping Jag badge on the boot. Looks awful
and definitely requires debadging.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
The new Merc C Class diesels have a fair bit of oomph and look OK with the AMG kits as Hunter says. Not sure it'll give you a warm glow every day though. CLS 320CDI is a very cool car though especially in black with the big AMG alloys and has plenty of room in the back for 2 - pricey though.
Yes, we also run a CLS 320cdi and its a corker (after the turbo and a new engine was replaced!):)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Yes, but seriously the CLS is a very very good car.

The C class was also quite nice.

Out of them both though, I prefer the 159 ;):thumbs:

1 - 20 of 105 Posts