Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

This is my first post in ages, i sold my 166 and bought an Audi TT which i have now sold and i am looking at the Brera.

Can any owners tell me their thoughts??

Thanks in advance. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
well its probably the best looking coupe on the road at the moment, the interior is top notch and with the 3.2 v6 its pretty quick, but its more of a gt car than a point to point balls out sportscar. the new TT is far quicker on the twisty stuff, but thats a hairdressers car:rolleyes: as there are so few on the road you will feel very special driving it.

the ride and handling and overall dynamics of the car didnt get good reviews but having driven it myself i liked it a lot, my advice is go and have a test drive, that will tell you everything you need to know about it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
just be careful that you don't start convincing yourself the rear leg room will be OK ,if you need it for adults /child as in truth their is not any,if on the other hand you don't/never use it no problem:)

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
the new TT is far quicker on the twisty stuff, but thats a hairdressers car:rolleyes: as there are so few on the road you will feel very special driving it.
Oh aye? and how many hairdressers do you think can afford one when most are on minimum wage?

In answer to the question, it's not a sports car it's a stylish cruiser, although that said the seats feel like you sit on them not in them.

I test drove a Brera and a GT back to back, both JTD versions and the GT was a more rewarding drive.

Like Jabber said though, it's all very subjective, best thing to do is go drive one, you might like IT, but IT might not like you ;)

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
the hairdresser that owns the salon will drive a TT.
I'm not convinced, most salon owners I see use there car as a mobile advertisement for their salon, normally smart cars and the like.

Never seen a TT with "Short n Curlies trimmed cheap ere" emblazoned down the side of it :p

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I'm onto my second, which I think says a lot.

Had a 2.2 JTS and now a 2.4 JTDm. Both are comparatively thirsty engines but are very rewarding if you pretty much disregard that.

Build quality is excellent, although not perfect. You'll no doubt get some squeaks and rattles.

Despite what people will have you believe it's also a surprisingly practical car. Apart from me driving I regularly have the missus in the back (ooo-errr!) and our little'n in the front, a big pushchair in the boot and a full load of shopping distributed throughout.

But what I like most is that even after two years driving one I still get amazed looks from people as if they're asking 'what the hell is that?'.

And they probably are. They're like rocking horse guana round here.

My advice would be - don't take much notice of motoring journos or track comparisons against other cars (not many of us are Jeremy Clarkson or drive like that anyway). On road it is superb and extremely capable.

A test drive will more than confirm it.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys. Ive got a new job and with it comes a nice car allowance so ive arranged a test drive at reg vardy in Glasgow for next week so ill let you know. Howz the 159 Fraser?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I'd have had one if it were not for the front seats:( Went for a 159Ti instead as the seats are excellent:cool:

D

·
0 Posts
I think the guy who invented the term 'Hairdressers car' has alot to answer for, :lol:

My Coupe is a hairdressers car. But it also has 220BHP and I personally think it's very pretty. Am I a hairdresser? No. Do I love the Coupe? Hell yeah! :D

The Audi TT is a GREAT looking car in my opinion, and how it fell into the realms of 'Hairdresser-ism' I've no idea. But sadly it has.

But who cares? As long as a person likes their own car that's all that matters.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
What seems to be the problem with the front seats??

Flat & unsupportive. I felt like I was sitting on them rather than in them. Saying that, I have a well iffy back so I am very seat sensitive:eek:

·
Registered
322 Posts
SR has a bad back and the seats in the 159ti are much more suppurtive, though i would say new seats will be available vey soon on the brera.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
The seats on the 159Ti are amazing:wow: Perfect:thumbs: I love them:eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts