Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think Teesside must have the highest concentration of imbecile drivers. I've lost count of the amount of times I pass someone doing 37 in a 40 limit, then when the road changes to a 30 limit they pass you, still doing 37.

Today, a member of the local hard of thinking in his Punto missed me by inches when he started to change lanes without looking. I used the horn and nothing more, to advise said miscreant that he was unwittingly about to crash. This was sufficient to prompt a furious headlight flashing episode along with gestures and indicating left to suggest we stop and discuss the issue.

Why the hell does this keep happening to me? Can nobody (except Alfisti) ever acknowledge that they may have inadvertently done something a little inadviseable? What hapened to the occasional raised open hand in a 'Sorry! gesture? Do they really have to shout at you and threaten you because they did something silly?

I remained calm for a while, but I'm afraid I had to resort to pulling away and offering the universal symbol suggesting onanism when he wouldn't pack in.

Children sometimes get upset when you tell them off, perhaps the locals are just too immature to have licenses :rant:

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Had a similar one yesterday with a taxi driver. I am on the inside lane, he's on the outside. Two ladies wave at him to stop and he starts merging into my lane. Problem is, we were right next to each other :eek:

I mean, "hello? Can you see this great big @ss car I drive?"

Some people :rant:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I had the same thing with a white van :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts