Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's, I currently own a 1.6 Toyota Corolla Levin GT-Apex, it's quality car, propper little flying machine, i'm thinking about selling it and getting something more sensible, then, suddenly i'm thinking about a V6 Alfa. :lol: :rolleyes:

Just wondering if there are any buying guides on here for the 156?

Whats what with regards to the sport packs? I want one that's got the sideskirts, front splitter and the big rear spoiler.

I'm only wanting to spend about 2k on one, so will be looking at 98's with 100k+ mainly.

Cheers, Tom.

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Hello and welcome :D

if you do a search on here for 156 buyers guide, you will or should have all the info you need :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, done a search on buyers guides.

I can't find the answer to the different sport packs though?

Group 14 or 15 is cool, will be the lowest group car i've had since I was 17. :)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Hi Escy, welcome to AO. :)

The one with the side skirts will be a Sportpack 1,2 or 3 depending on the seats.

The big rear spoiler was a dealer fitted option available on any 156.

The 156 V6 is insurance group 16.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO. :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have noticed that, I also think it's stunning. Good colour combination on the car and the leather, would really like that. Plus the mileage is good for the money.

I've got to shift my Levin 1st though, I bet it'll be sold by the time i've got the money. If anyones interested in my 160bhp pocket rocket, it's on ebay... ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260088348827

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Hi and welcome to AO - you won't regret buying a 156..:)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just to bump this...

I decided to keep Levin as money was tight. Fast forward a few months and I was getting bored of it, looked on ebay for an Alfa and saw what I think is a bargin.

I bought a 2.0 Selespeed, in black, with black leather, sp3 in good condition. 2000 on a W plate, 1 previous owner, 80,000 miles. It was local and the cambelt had snapped, cost me £850. I then bought a complete head off ebay fully built, with sensors and camshafts still in for £250.

Once I get the old head off, it should just be a case of put the new one on, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,151 Posts
Hi and welcome to AO!
Enjoy your stay
:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts