Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently thinking of buying an Alfa GT 3.2 V6

I currently own a BMW 330 ci coupe on a 54 plate. Its a great car with plenty power etc but just doesnt have any character. The engine has lots of torque etc but just sounds really dull.

Anyway I think my first choice would be a GT in Alfa red with the tan leather interior

Dynamically I think the BMW would probably be better to drive.

Some of the GT V6's are getting quite cheap so I could sell the BMW buy the GT and still have money in my pocket.

I have a few questions about the spec of the GT.

Do they have heated seats?

Does the CD player play MP3 cd's?

Also do you think you could get a mountain bike in the boot?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have an 05 3.2 GT. The CD player plays mp3 CDs. It also has heated seats but i think these were an optional extra when new.

Don't know about the bike - the boot is rather small (compared to my previous car anyway).

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I am currently thinking of buying an Alfa GT 3.2 V6

I currently own a BMW 330 ci coupe on a 54 plate. Its a great car with plenty power etc but just doesnt have any character. The engine has lots of torque etc but just sounds really dull.

Anyway I think my first choice would be a GT in Alfa red with the tan leather interior

Dynamically I think the BMW would probably be better to drive.

Some of the GT V6's are getting quite cheap so I could sell the BMW buy the GT and still have money in my pocket.

I have a few questions about the spec of the GT.

Do they have heated seats?

Does the CD player play MP3 cd's?

Also do you think you could get a mountain bike in the boot?
Hi there - if it is heated leather you're after you need ton find a car with the 'Wintre Pack' which added heated leather and headlight washers (who could live without them?!).

Boot is very large and I expect you would get a couple of bikes in with the rear seats folded down.

Stereo and speakers are woeful. Don't think it has an attachment for MP3 players but not sure. Actually hang on and I will go and check for you...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
There is no attachment for an MP3 player.

Think I will be removing the standard stereo and getting a decent head unit and cd stacker installed...

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
as above, the headunit should have MP3 (unsure if it's an option; is standard on Oz spec 3.2L GT).

the handling on the GT can be enhanced if you are prepared to invest in quality modifications. these include the Q2 diff, and upgraded suspension (eg: KONI dampers + Eibach springs or quality coilovers).

:)

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Best to find one with a Q2 already in.

I imagine you'd fit a bike in with the seats down, boot is pretty big imo.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
You can get a couple of adult-sized mountain bikes in the boot of a GT, with the seats folded down obviously. I've done it a few times - you have to take the front wheel off, and have them positioned diagonally but it's pretty easy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
yup mine plays mp3 cdsbut you can swap silly card and cup holder for ipod tray and plug in and use off the changer connector soyou can use steering wheel controls cool eh ?:cool: and it ony baby 2.0jts gt and still puts huge grin on my chops.... take it any day over my company beemer and had mountain bike in me boot to visit local lake just need to drop front wheel out an drop seats :cool:... do it turn to the light... let the cool lead you to the the alfa light:lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i have been thinking again and I also quite like the 156 GTA.

Does anyone have any advice on what are the pro's of the 156 against the GT?

Do the 156 GTA's have heated seats?

·
Registered
46 Posts
156, a bit dated now, has room for family as does the GT. GT on 18" has a harsher ride than GTA but that can be changed by fitting Koni FSD to the GT. I assume you are going for the V6 GT?? I have one with Koni FSD and regular springs, makes the ride even out over bumps etc but still sporty, awaiting the Q2 to be fitted next month. GT is a great car and way more fun with character than a BMW. Also a piece of history could be yours, as they no longer make the 3.2 V6. I have put my mountain bike in the back with seats down. 156 GTA is also fun and again way better than a common BMW.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i mean the bmw is a great car to drive it just feels like it has no soul

With regards to the 3.2 v6 what sort of mpg are people getting?

The 3.0 bmw engine is quite economical im getting between 28 - 32 mpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts