Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was out paintballing today when i got a call to go to the carpark. some idiot had just sped round a country road that was covered in snow and ice, lost control, and ploughed into my parked car.

the rear nearside wheel is hanging off and the rear quarter panel and nearside door are caved in. it was pushed quite a distance from where i'd parked it.

i can't see the repair cost being under the book price of the car, so i imagine its bye bye alfa.

it took me about a year to find the right car, the right colour, condition etc. i've had it for 13 months and i'd not had to spend any money on it...it was just a decent car.

i'm absolutely gutted, after a year of owning it i'd still sometimes get in and say to myself, "i bloody love this car". if it is indeed written off then i don't think i could face buying another GTV right now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What a pisser! Sorry to here it.
If it was my car, I could only console myself with a purchase of a V6.

·
Registered
12,810 Posts
That is so sad, hope you get another great GTV......and the "I bloody love this car" comment....I am the same..:thumbs:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to hear that some idiot cannot drive in the snow. If it is a w/o have you considered taking the insurance cash and asking how much it is worth to buy the car back from the insurers and having it repaired? A mate of mine did this after the floods of 2007, got his car back for peanuts.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
As said, dont let some moron ruin your motoring enjoyment, if you enjoy the car so much, get another.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Ouch, sorry mate, a real sh-tty thing to happen. I'm not superstitious but 13 months ownership and bang! Coincidence?

What happened to the other guy btw?

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Sorry to hear your bad news, hopefully the insurance will pay out a sensible figure and you will find another.
All the best.
James

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ouch, sorry mate, a real sh-tty thing to happen. I'm not superstitious but 13 months ownership and bang! Coincidence?

What happened to the other guy btw?
the front of his car was wrecked, but his car (a mazda) was still drivable.

they were quite lucky, as the only thing that stopped them from going straight off the road into a tree was a small earth bank. unfortunately for me, it was this bank that then propelled them from the opposite side of the road and into my car.

car is off to the assessors now. i've been given a ford focus in the mean time, still, better than getting the bus (just).

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
the front of his car was wrecked, but his car (a mazda) was still drivable.

they were quite lucky, as the only thing that stopped them from going straight off the road into a tree was a small earth bank. unfortunately for me, it was this bank that then propelled them from the opposite side of the road and into my car.

car is off to the assessors now. i've been given a ford focus in the mean time, still, better than getting the bus (just).
I just hope the Mazda driver realises what he's done!! :mad: Good luck with the insurance.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
£3,300 worth of damage and that's only the body! they didn't even bother to look underneath at the rear wheel/control arm damage!

looks like its just a case of how much his insurer is going to try and screw me on the payment.

what a waste of a good car.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
They always say never accept the first offer and have a scout round for a GTV same as yours (mileage, year, condition, interior, alloys etc) for a roundabout price of what the cars valued at, dont think the book price is really taken into calculation (so I'm told). Good luck with it, hopefully the insurers will be kind!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Sorry to hear about this fella.

Some dosey bint in a 4x4 hit mine at the begining of January. Smashed the rear quater panel and door. The insurance has paid up and is repairing the car! Hope you get the same result!

·
Registered
141 Posts
bad news, same happened to me just over a year ago, same thing spent ages waiting for the right car then some idiot killed it. He also drove off ! Took me a week to find him ! Waited 8 months for insurance and the found myself another GTV, now have a better car than the previous one that I bloody loved, so there is hope out there. Sorry about your car right now though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
mr bright side! . . . atleast you dont own a mazda. . .no soul bro! i know it takes a while finding a motor but if the gtv felt right you should find another. cheerz

1 - 19 of 19 Posts