Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and a Happy New Year!

Having recently aquired a decent 916 GTV to go with my 156TS, I've finally registered so hopefully I can contribute some useful posts on ongoing issues...many thanks to members whose posts have helped me out previously!

In my working week my driving is mostly confined to hire cars to/from airports: it is an interesting contrast how the "mass market" cars are so refined, so smooth, so utterly DULL and UNINVOLVING, whereas the Alfas demand to be DRIVEN.

I bought my 156 in 2005 with (recorded) 2k, now reads 95K and has always been driven "enthusiastically". Mechancial issues? Broken drive shaft at 8k and other than routine cambelts, brakes and suspension err......nothing: still original clutch and exhaust. Electrics: I've given up on central locking long ago... But overall ownership costs it has been remarkably inexpensive.

GTV still sorting out various issues (horn, bootlid switch: again thanks for advice on forums!)

Went for a blast in the GTV today on some of East Lothian's excellent B roads and it reminded me what driving pleasure is really about....

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO....nice addition.....:thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts