Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nasty - poor kid... Don't know about those timescales though, my 2003 147 wouldn't do it either.

Looking forward to the vid - is it going to be pure tips and tricks as per your GT one, or you doing a review on the 159 also?
There will be two vids on the 159 - first is a road test / review then followed by a “hacks” vid. 👍🏻

·
Registered
4 Posts
Probably the obvious and known by all but:

Close the windows whilst holding the door lock button down
About a minute of headlight beams by pulling the lights stalk as you get out of the car. Really useful if parking where there is no street lighting and you will be walking somewhere in front of the car.
Hi. My windows open when I hold the open button down. But not the reverse. Any idea why that might be the case?
I love my 159 JTD.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Hey everyone - have you ever seen a beautiful 159 drive past and wonder if you should buy one? Me too! So I decided that I should drive one and see if the face matched the "underwear"! See the results in my latest episode. The "Hacks " video will be next!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Hi folks, I am currently making a video dedicated to the 159 and as part of that, am also planning a “Hacks” sequel, featuring hidden or little-known features and tricks which the 159 has, such as the sliding armrest trick and switching off dash lights excluding the speedo etc.

So the question is: do you guys and girls know of any other “hidden” features or cool stuff that the 159 can do?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer. :)
Can I just twist this post to “Things you didn’t realise, your 159 doesn’t do!”

Mine is an 06 plate and it does not squeak or rattle. No suspension eek - eeks. Never though about it before, but relative to the 156 and GT, it is as quiet as a church mouse. At some speeds - below 2500 rpm, I can’t hear either the engine or the exhaust.

No drama going over rough surfaces, although the P -zeros aren’t particularly quiet on anything other than a billiard table.

I am astounded how “tight” she is at 14 years of age and 113,000 miles on the clock.

As I still have my little GT, it is easy to see the difference and it was a step up from my 156. The front suspension was always the problem with the 156 and GT. not so the 159. It’s probably the least Alfa - like car I have owned.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi folks, after the somewhat inaccurate last video about the 159 which unfortunately annoyed a few folks, I have just released my 159 "Hacks" video, which contains an apology as well as some strange, useful and equally useless features from the depths of the 159 handbook! Hope this one is more enjoyable :)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts