Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it, when you try to have something nice, there is always some lousy thieving bast**d that can't leave things alone.

Went out for lunch this afternoon to find that some little sh*t had decided he liked the look of the anti-theft chrome Alfa valve caps the wife bought me as a pressie and helped himself to two of them. He probably has them fitted on his bike right now. :mad:

Now I know they only cost £15 quid for the set and if I so wish they are readily replaceable, but that's not the point. Why should I save my money to buy nice things, try to keep them looking tidy for someone to help themselves.

As for calling the police, don't forget I'm in the job so I know that all it would be is a waste of a phone call.

Just to add insult to injury, and to totally ruin the day, I managed to scuff a bloody wheel as well. Any suggestions for a good repair company. It's about 5mm in width around about a third to a half of the circumference of the wheel. Not that noticeable unless you are looking for it, but I know it's there.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I hate thieving gits... i really do!! So sorry to hear about the valve caps and wheel!!

Last time someone stole the cd player from my old car (smashed the window),... he was found 5 mins later..... he had ran out infront of a police car, which hit him, and broke his leg!!! serves him right the little(big) ****er!!! :D :D

I hope that story makes u feel better! :)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Nicking stuff off Alfas should carry a compulsory sentence of "six-months-or-unfortunate-accident" (whichever occurs sooner) of mine clearing duty in Afghanistan.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Mav,I`ve had the caps nicked from the Spider before.However my dealer came up with some replacements that were only £2 for 4,so I bought a spare set just in case!As for the wheel scuffs,try www.wicked-wheels.co.uk or a mobile SMART repairer from chipsaway or similar.My local tyre supplier now also offers this service.It will cost about £30 to refurbish the whole wheel.
I have also managed to get a reasonable repair using a Halfors silver touch up pen if the scuff isn`t too deep.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Funny that. Someone nicked two of my four caps as well. I wish they had thieved all of them. Leaving two behind is just bloody cruel.

I wonder if I could somehow wire up the caps to the battery and fry the next ******* that touches them ...(best not forget myself!)

G

·
I still have some nice steel caps from my Golf, if anyone wants them to replace the ones they've had nicked :)

g

·
Registered
522 Posts
Some thieving tw*t once tried pinching the Alfa Badge off the front of the 145 with a screwdriver or similar. They couldn't remove the badge so they pinched the valvecaps instead. Problem was, as they knelt down at the front wheel they slammed the screwdriver into the bonnet. B*****ds!! :mad:

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mav:
<strong>anti-theft chrome Alfa valve caps the wife bought me as a pressie and helped himself to two of them.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If they were anti-theft then how come they got nicked? Surely thats false advertising?

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Damian M:
<strong>as they knelt down at the front wheel they slammed the screwdriver into the bonnet. :mad: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And I thought I had it bad with people stealing my badges. I heard a tale from a fellow Australian that his entire grille (Alfa 33) was nicked because they couldn't get the badge off of it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I quite fancy getting that system in South Africa where they have gas torches under the car one sign of car jacking or something else and toast!
A couple of years ago I heard of a system where if the bare metal was exposed it with a screwdriver the thief would receive a HT bolt of electric from a specially made capacitor.
Totally illegal thou... :(
At least it could keep the badges on the car wink

G

·
Moggy, didn't a guy do something similiar in this country? Trouble is, he was done for it when the thief was "charged".

Sorry to hear it Mav, had me bonnet badge nicked once, VERY annoying.

Presume the valve caps were the sort you need a special key for? Wondered how effective they were eek!

wrinx

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The valve caps have a small grub screw in the side which is tightened with a very small allen key. I had tightened them as tight as possible, but all the screw does is grip against the threads of the valve. Anyone who isn't particularly fussy about damaging the threads on the valve could force them off grinding the threads away.

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
If any of you want replacement valve caps,Alfa do some hex shaped stainless steel ones for 39p each (+VAT)part no. F0046001566.So cheap,you can afford to replace them if they get nicked again!

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Aisha:
<strong>Funny that. Someone nicked two of my four caps as well. I wish they had thieved all of them. Leaving two behind is just bloody cruel.

I wonder if I could somehow wire up the caps to the battery and fry the next ******* that touches them ...(best not forget myself!)</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I`ve got 2 spare if you want them.Send me a pm with your address and I`ll post them to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts