Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...let me introduce to you the BMW M3 CS:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/hardcore-bmw-m3-cs-revealed

Carbon roof... check!
Carbon bonnet... check!
Carbon front splitter... check!
Gurney spoiler... check!
Red starter button... check!

They've just copied all the cool bits on the Giulia QV!

Oh, the price: £86,380 :thinking:

I think I'll stick with my Giulia then.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Well, remember that the Giulia was, at least partly, unashamedly "inspired by" the BMW 3-series. They tore down some BMWs as part of the Giulia's development.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It was a good almost excelletn review- then I saw this:
"Meanwhile, the letterbox-shaped infotainment screen can be tricky to see properly if you’re wearing polarised sunglasses". I mean, really???
It's the same with the screen and polarised lenses on every car.

·
Registered
962 Posts
It was a good almost excelletn review- then I saw this:
"Meanwhile, the letterbox-shaped infotainment screen can be tricky to see properly if you’re wearing polarised sunglasses". I mean, really???
Well, remember that the Giulia was, at least partly, unashamedly "inspired by" the BMW 3-series. They tore down some BMWs as part of the Giulia's development.
Everyone in the business benchmarks, as have Fiat Auto in the past, in the past few years in Modena and Maranello they’ve been recruiting people on proper money and recruited a lot of good people. Peanuts and Monkeys is the old adage.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Punchy money indeed and on a pound for pound BHP and performance basis looks poor value vs the Quad.

They will however sell everyone they can get albeit I suspect there will be perhaps the odd (kept very hush hush) discount applied.

Key thing here is BMW have form shifting limited run CS and CSL variants of the M3 and with just 100 RHD units it is likely to attract the speculator just as much, if not more so, than the driver.

Fundamental thing for me would be have they improved the steering ? Forget everything else because this is the M3/4 Achilles heel vs the Quad.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Not, as previously mentioned by me (rather strangely), in my Quadrifoglio wearing my Oakley polarised lenses though. Absolutely crystal clear. Maybe they need to buy some Oakleys.
Depends on how are the glasses polarized - if they "align" with the screen polarization , you'll see nothing. It's a common problem - for example, with most airplanes having "glass cockpits" with every instrument replaced by an LCD panel (heck, some aircraft even have polarized windscreens...), one basic flight training mantra is "don't get polarized glasses!".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts