Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
She is stood well back close to the hinge line. Perhaps it was strongest there. I am not sure that standing right in the middle would not have put a slight deflection in the bonnet.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I bet she weighs half of sod all and is stood on the strongest points of the hood. Bet she could do that on my 159!!

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
The lady aside, do people on here actally like the look of those original Alfa Giulia saloons?

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
The lady aside, do people on here actally like the look of those original Alfa Giulia saloons?
Just think of what the UK industry was churning out at that time, 1962, exclude any that were designed/styled by Italians. What are you left with? Then a judgment would be valid. There will be some but how many?

·
Registered
34,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Centro Stile did not exist in any form at that time.
Correction
The Giulia was created by the Coachwork department but the resolution of the aero tail end was the first task for the new Centro Stile department.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
If it carried a Lada badge I'd be none the wiser.

·
Registered
34,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It’s the air separation at the rear that is key to its low drag. You get some nasty eddies with an apparently soft shape when the air remains attached.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Just think of what the UK industry was churning out at that time, 1962, exclude any that were designed/styled by Italians. What are you left with? Then a judgment would be valid. There will be some but how many?
BMC: Mini, Spridget, MGB, Morris Minor
Ford.
Jaguar.
Rover.
Rootes group (Hillman, Humber, Singer, Sunbeam)
Vauxhall.

That's a fair percentage of the market covered! Then there's the numerous small manufacturers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts