Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Spax adjustables are good as far as I am concerned as they are genuine Adjustables unlike the Koni adjustable for wear.
I have used them on 116 series Alfetta Chassis and on a 1995 SEAT Ibiza Gti 2.0 and was very happy in both cases. Not sure about the Springs as never used them.

However the 90 was based on the 116 chasis I believe and has torsion bar front whilst the picture is for McPherson strut Front.

So they are for this car http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_GTV_%26_Spider

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will ring them monday as it says 85 to 89 and 2.0 to 2.5 i think its just a generic pic of a set of spax

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
i will ring them monday as it says 85 to 89 and 2.0 to 2.5 i think its just a generic pic of a set of spax
Actually thinking about it, I do not think you can get SPAX for modern FIAT Alfa Romeos.
Certainly haven't seen them for the 147 otherwise I would have them instead of Koni.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the stance on mines all wrong. i have a shot of it from holland before it was imported, and the fronts lower at the moment its quite high and the sills slope towards the rear
Andy

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't see how the items shown in the picture would fit a GTV6 and I'm pretty sure the 90 is the same. The front coilovers connect to the lower wishbone and as said above, that connection won't fit. (BTW I don't think GTV6's were built as late as 1989).
I should also caution with regard to lowering - it can certainly be done but the torsion bars need to be adjusted at the same time. The guy mentioned in another of your threads (Alex Jupe) could give you advice.
As a note, GTV6's tend to sag at the rear with age - it might be the same with your 90.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its had new koni rear dampers and springs recently they look like quite tight coils like lowering springs and as i said before the seller is using the same pic on all his psx kits. im just not keen on having differant setup front and rear and spax are very good kits and yes the torsion bars need to be adjusted to allow it to be lower.
have alook at these to pics i think the front ride hight has been lifted

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/gallery/showimage.php?i=18293&c=505

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/gallery/showimage.php?i=18291&c=505

i know there not the same angle and the cars on a slope so im going to try and get a shot from the same angle

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It's a long time since I owned a Trans Alfa, but then the consensius opninion was, that Trans Alfa handled the road better when the rear end stood higher than the front.
Erik

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
It's a long time since I owned a Trans Alfa, but then the consensius opninion was, that Trans Alfa handled the road better when the rear end stood higher than the front.
Erik
Probably because the rear stuck better than the front so raising the rear would make the rear oversteer reducing front understeer.

In reality the 116 chasis like you to manhandle it. You needed to forcefully turn wheel just enough coming into the corner to take up the"understeer slack' so to speak which removed the under steer and then you could finesse it around the corner.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are gtv6 psx's but there different to the 90 ones he can do them too, but he was just a man at a computer not a mech so the kit may just be the same it costs the same exactly to the penny just got to shift the bavarian money waster :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts