Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been trying to source a thermostat for my JTD and there was no way i was going to pay over £100 at alfa for a new one, so thought id try my local motor factors who said it was about £50..... RESULT :thumbs:

but when i got there to pick it up, it looked like the thermostat i needed but was missing one vital part!!!! (look at the picture, ive circled it)

i know they have changed the design of the stat but im sure i need this T shaped pipe.... i told the bloke that it looked wrong but he told me it was the only one listed for my REG... he then got the QH book out and showed me loads of stats for ther alfa and even fiat, and the only one that looked like mine was a 1.9 8v JTD.... even the 2.4 20v didnt lok like it....

this has been the same case with a few motor factors near me now

so will the 1.9JTD fit mine or dont i need this T shaped pipe???

PICTURE http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l22/abba2_y2k/05012007534red.jpg

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I had real trouble getting hold of a stat from my local auto factors (at least mine admitted that they couldn't get hold if it)

Got mine from alternative autos for £65.69 inc VAT and del ... Fun starts @ 3000!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My local motor factors, Cambrian Garages in Aberystwyth supply the correct OE spec Gates thermostat for £60 + VAT and it is absolutely identical to the original part.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I had same problems (16v JTD) with my local motor factors, but they took the time and informed me they couldn't source one.

Shop for parts did it for me, excellent service and don't forget the clips (locally) and antifreeze!

Rob

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i had to go main dealer for mine for the samr reason but the md part did include a temp sender (wrong one made my guage read 110 very scary) and also it has a revised pipe on it. The right hand part of the t piece is now a smaller bore so you need a hose that reduces from large to small the dealer should mention this and supply it but bear this in mind

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts