Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
My better half has a tenous grasp on how cars work... but i am happy to admit she is actually a better driver than me.

What really bugs me is a soon as we start the car up she turns the heating on her side up to 23C... and what bugs her is I ALWAYS say ... there is no point in doing that yet as the engine has not warmed up ... so you wont get any heat for 5 mins ...

Apparently it makes her "feel" warmer ...

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Mine does this too :nutter:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
A brave quote from someone whose "better half" is a registered user on the forum :eek:

*Scuttles off to grass up Gibbo
Err can you not see his get out clause? "Seldom". I bet he'll say his better half is in the seldom group :p

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
one word lads to solve your heating woes.

Insulation

Seriously, there was none in our house at all and it was always like an icebox. I insulated the attic with the stuff you get in rolls from your local hardware shop and could not believe the difference. Heat no longer just goes up through the roof. We can turn the heating on for an hour or two and thats ok. Then I got some "warmboard" insulation an ran it along the walls then plastered over it and the amount of money you will save on heating by doing all of this properly is unbelievable. Make sure you do it right. All in probably spent a little over €100 on the attic insulation and the warmbaord comes in 2 sizes (thickness), 18mm and 27mm. We got the 27mm for extra toastiness. 27mm board is about €27 per sheet and sheet size is 4ft x 8ft. I am not exagerating when i say i can turn the heating on for no more than 1.5 to 2 hours at say 6pm and thats it, the house is still mild the next morning. It also helps if you upgrade your radiators as the new ones are seriously efficient. You can also fit devices to the rads and your boiler to knock the rad off after a certain time or temperature.
But for the money you will spend getting this work done its well worth it and your not talking years before seeing a return either. Its fairly quick.

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Err can you not see his get out clause? "Seldom". I bet he'll say his better half is in the seldom group :p
Nope, she's one of the most impatient people I know.
And our daughter runs a close second :lol:

They both know I think so too :D

21 - 29 of 29 Posts