Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I'm sure this subject's been done to death but has there been a definitive list of which stat goes with which car? I've got a 2001(y) 156 2.4 jtd 10v sportwagon and would like to buy a new stat and get the right one first time! or am i asking for the impossible?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Sorry, I'm sure this subject's been done to death but has there been a definitive list of which stat goes with which car? I've got a 2001(y) 156 2.4 jtd 10v sportwagon and would like to buy a new stat and get the right one first time! or am i asking for the impossible?

Thanks in advance.
If you have your chassis number handy, I can check ePer for you.

Or you can do it yourself at: FIAT ePER

You must use Internet Explorer, Chrome doesnt work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, I just changed mine Wednesday night after trying on Sat with the incorrect part - recommend going to Andrew Page Spares.
Like everyone says it's a [email protected]@ard of a job, just a few words of advice.

1 - Get plenty of jubilee clips (don't try to get them off to re-use, just cut the [email protected]@tards off and save time)
2 - Take the battery tray out - there's a few hidden nuts etc (this will give you much more room to work with)
3 - As mentioned before just bend the EGR bracket (bottom left nut on the thermostat housing), unless you have time to take all the stuff from the top of the engine bay. Not need to put the bracket back on it's fixed on well enough and it's difficult to get to the bracket).

apart from that it's done a fantastic change to my car, now getting a good temp (checked via FiatEcusan before) warms up much better/quicker and now returing about 38mpg compared to 29mpg (on a 2.4jtd it's not funny).

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts