Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to fit a new thermostat & sender unit at the weekend to my 147. Ordered one from EB spares but not sure if it has a gasket or needs one. It has a rubber o ring in a groove - is that the gasket or do I need a gasket that matches the shape of the thermostat? First job I've done on this car so any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I hate those special clips:lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
The stat that came for my car just had the rubber ring ... I even rang up a stealer to check that this was correct ...

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
petrol engine, 30 min;s work ... amke sure to get a litre or 2 of coolant to add to system

JTD, 2.5 hour sof horror :eek:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I have pliers that take off spring clip type hose clips eg VW but not the ones on the Alfa. Can someone point me in the right direction for the type of pliers I should be getting. I assume by using this tool the clips are re-usable??

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Thanks guys. I have pliers that take off spring clip type hose clips eg VW but not the ones on the Alfa. Can someone point me in the right direction for the type of pliers I should be getting. I assume by using this tool the clips are re-usable??
look at this pdf... I would think we are talking about the CLIP or CLIP-R hose clamps, so you will need to get the right tool.
http://www.midlock.nl/Adobe_engels/Index_A/GroupA_06.pdf

Draper do a tool, as do sealey etc;
Draper Expert 180mm Clic And Clic-R Hose Clamp Tool 89791 Draper Hcp2

These clips are a lot easier on the hoses than jubilee clamps, because we like to tighten the life out of our jubilees, and this can easily cut into the hoses!:tut:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts