Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the thermal fuse temperature rating and voltage is for the thermal fuse on the radiator fan resistor CF2 models. I thought I'd change that before spending out on a complete new one. cheers chaps.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David, I've looked to see if the numbers are there but I can't see anything. I just wanted to be sure about the temperature rating, is the thermal fuse just for protecting the resistor ? Is the temperture critical?

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Thanks David, I've looked to see if the numbers are there but I can't see anything. I just wanted to be sure about the temperature rating, is the thermal fuse just for protecting the resistor ? Is the temperature critical?
It isn't really for protecting the resistor, it is to stop the thing getting so hot that it starts a fire!
Resistors get hot and need the air flow from the fan to cool them. If the fan stops for some reason (ie seized motor or physical blockage), then the current may still be flowing through the resistor, heating it up, but no cooling going on.

I've still got four spare ones somewhere because they came in a pack of five. No idea where they are though!!
Mine was for a heater fan resistor, but the principal is the same.

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
If you solder it on, do it QUICKLY...!
Get heat sinks on either side of the thermal fuse to get the heat away.
It would be annoying if you trip the thermal fuse while soldering it on!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts