Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,943 Posts
Well we had a mouse in the garage shortly after we first moved in - the bugger ate half my car polishing cloths!

Fitted ultrasonic repellers, and have had no sign of a mouse in the two years since.

Not correlation =/= causation, but evidentially it suggests they might work. Either that or there was only ever one mouse and the owl in the field at the front of our house got it shortly afterwards.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We ordered one from Amazon that had a "half decent" review.....Amazon ended up sending us 2 of them....plugged in....we are silent at the moment.....that has probably jinxed us !!!

I expect a full scratching orchestra now ! :)

·
Registered
44,706 Posts
I had a mouse repellent, called George, never saw live Mice only bits of Mice. Since he left things have gone downhill slightly, last spring I want to put out the new bird feeders only to find a Mouse house where the bird feed should have been!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a mouse repellent, called George, never saw live Mice only bits of Mice. Since he left things have gone downhill slightly, last spring I want to put out the new bird feeders only to find a Mouse house where the bird feed should have been!
We have a bird feeder on our clothes line which is attached to fir trees at the bottom of the garden.....every so often a wee mouse shimmies across the line and helps himself to the nuts....he is cute....but don't want him in the house.

Touch wood the house is quiet again.

·
Super Moderator
44,943 Posts
Quiet as a mouse perhaps? :eek:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Not often i had a mouse in the house ( i live close to a nature area) one morning i found a wet hairy roll on the floor and thought what the heck is that?
Turned out to be a schewed up mouse and that my dog had done that, i suspect that she is a cat in disguise.

I feed the birds with birdfeaders, that you have a change of atracting a mouse (with fam) to, so i bought a mouse friendly trap.
Last time i catched a bird with it, not a mouse.
Thought man thats a big mouse, maybe its a rat ( way worse ) luckely it was a bird that was very happy to be free again when i released it.
As a thank you it **** on my head ( i made that last one up ;o)

·
Super Moderator
44,943 Posts
Try introducing it to a hamster called Kevin and see if they hit it off.

·
Premium Member
77,066 Posts
In my last house we had some mice, and I took a hardline approach using humane traps that smashed down, snapping their necks and heads.

Worked a treat.

I wonder how many a 'Brexit stash' has been pilfered in recent month?

I've checked in the man-cave and found some poo in some old curtains that we were hoarding as protection when painting. Binned that. Off to the shop for traps.

One slight distinction. I have no problem murdering grey house mouses. I'm anxious not to hurt a lovely, fluffy brown field or harvest mouse.

·
Super Moderator
44,943 Posts
Does it deter everyone else from coming in too?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate rats, it's an awful thing to have in the house. My neighbour in property in Germany here had a rat and he had tried everything I guess. Only thing that helped was a cat, he literally had to borrow a cat for a week so it could kill this rat. worked perfectly.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
....and guess what....we had wee visitors in between the floorboards at 3am this morning..... repellents are being plugged back in again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts