Alfa Romeo Forum banner

There's a surprise...

1714 Views 15 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Massirati
Just got back from 1500+ miles round trip to Scotland with a GT86 and BMW 650i and everyone was astonished at how well the QV handled and generally coped with the roads out there, based on negative magazine reviews and then came to a debated agreement that the QV really was the overall winner of the trip!

Words of the drivers:
"BMW couldn't handle" - couldn't keep up with 86 and QV comfortably round the twistes
"Gt86 needs more power" - doesn't have the pull of the QV

Only issue I had was a little back ache from the Sabelts on a coupe of occasions.

Obviously the QV wasn't any where close to the 650 in terms of power and probably wasn't as fun to drive round the twistes as the 86, but it just handled everything so well. Even climbed a cliff road easily, providing great fun, where as the GT86 was left struggling spinning its wheels with not enough low down torque. It was the most practical, finished the journey on 42.4 mpg and even fitted in next to these coupes in looks.

Guess I'm just trying to say how under rated and overlooked the MQV is... This trip has made me appreciate my car even more. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,836 Posts
Wasn't that expensive to do really, H&R springs make it sit better than the eibachs (i think anyway) and i wouldn't say its ruined the ride quality at all. It feels sporty but in a good way :thumbs: mine only catches the speed humps near my house but they catch a standard height MiTo anyway as they are a weird angle to the road (bit of a dip then the speed hump so its like dring into a V shape :() its the plastic trim underneath that catches so it just moves. Its definatley not the bumper or id swap back to standard :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.