Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I still get positive comments about my Giulietta from complete strangers, ten years is a good run & reflects a brilliant design, however I'm now stuck about what I'm going to replace it with when the time comes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes it's sad news, I have had 2 Giulietta's and both have been great cars.. I will get the new Mazda 3 as it the best looking hatch in this category in my opinion especially with the skyactiv x engine and AWD. Hopefully in the future Alfa will produce another hatch and I will certainly return to Alfa.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
I thought production had ended some time ago.
It's been on its last legs for years. It'd be interesting to know how many were actually sold in the UK in the last 12 months.

·
Vendor
45,293 Posts
Definitely had a good run. I see a lot of the early Giuliettas and they are holding up very well, in the main they are very reliable cars.

·
Registered
37,342 Posts
I think Alfa left the Giulietta on sale for too long as it is. It was a good car in 2010 when it came out, but it has fallen well behind the competition. Hopefully they can replace it with something up to date, and quickly.

I am not too optimistic though. :(

·
Registered
37,342 Posts
Definitely had a good run. I see a lot of the early Giuliettas and they are holding up very well, in the main they are very reliable cars.

They do seem to have a very good survival rate. Considering it was never a huge seller in the first place I see lots of older ones still on the road. I do think the G is well overdue a more up to date replacement however.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Had my Veloce for nearly six years, only had 28,000 miles on it when I sold it. Apart from using some oil, nothing went wrong. I’m driving new Honda Civic sport 182 bhp it’s a marmite car looks wise, but I like that. Just wish Alfa would bring out a mid size affordable hatch, the Tonale SUV will be over £30,000 when it’s launched.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Interesting figures cue.
I still think it's one of the best looking hatchbacks out there.

·
Registered
33,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree. I still get a nice aesththetic feeling when I see one. Imagine if they’d developed it instead of moving into “competing” with price and cascading stuff from top models down lower in the range.

·
Registered
132 Posts
A pity, although granted it is ancient, and a shame it is not being replaced with anything equivalent for those of us who don’t want an SUV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A diminishing number, although it’s ironic the Mercedes A class lost all of its packaging novelty a couple of generations ago to become a Megane hatch.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
If the old A-Class was introduced now as an all electric vehicle with steering and suspension worked on by say, Lotus, you may have a perfect city car.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts