Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the pics of the way Alfa Romeo should have put the rear loom in place!

The pic should be here, f not ill sort it

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
No pic.
Just changed my rear loom today after its been sat in garage for 14 months. :)
You do need to take rear seat out but dont need to take parcel shelf off (which i couldn't work out how to do anyway.....)
There is room to get your hand in behind DSP bass speaker and undo clip of multiblock connector. I tied some strong string to block and pulled it out of back of body, tied string to new loom and eased it back through with aid of blunt socket extension.
Fiddlyist bit is getting blinking rubber boots into metal cut out... :(
Boot releaser now works Yeah!

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,736 Posts
Removing the rear parcel shelf is in the home made haynes manual.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No pic.
Just changed my rear loom today after its been sat in garage for 14 months. :)
You do need to take rear seat out but dont need to take parcel shelf off (which i couldn't work out how to do anyway.....)
There is room to get your hand in behind DSP bass speaker and undo clip of multiblock connector. I tied some strong string to block and pulled it out of back of body, tied string to new loom and eased it back through with aid of blunt socket extension.
Fiddlyist bit is getting blinking rubber boots into metal cut out... :(
Boot releaser now works Yeah!
nice, i also did the string thing lol...........I used oil to put the rubber on, worked a treat! Pics are too large to upload, ill add em on flicker

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh lol...........................Maybe some alfas were put in as they should and others not. Both mine were fitted imo wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts