Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been driving the car for a week and I can't get enough or the v6 rumble ! Question is would it sound even better if I had it bored out to a 3.8? Has any one on here had it done?

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
Congratulations!

There are quite a few on here with 3.7 or 3.8 engine conversions, they do sound slightly different but not really by all that much. Power & delivery is massively improved though, its a great modification to do but very expensive, in some cases more than what the car cost to buy in the first place!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah think its 6k mim for the conversion food for thought tho.

Dont think ill get board of the sound tho :)

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,409 Posts
There are a few to choose from. I have a Ragazzon unsilenced, its very loud and the tone is quite shouty and vulgar but i like it for some reason

Supersprints sound quite racy if you take some silencing out, otherwise they are still quite muffled and the systems are quite expensive

Gus at AlfaTune (ALFA TUNER on here) probably makes a decent system for a 156, he makes everything else!

Dan (Pud237 on here) has a replica system of a Unicorse made in collaboration with wizardovoz and they sound quite tasty

All depends what you want really, sound wise :)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I took the insulation padding off the underside of the bonnet too. Been off for a while & you can hear it slightly more. Mine has the Autodelta Quad's fitted & theres a BMC CDA waiting to go too :)

There's a few videos if you click on the link in my signature ;). Hoping to get a better 1 of it soon though :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts