Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Didn't realise Giulia QV used two different sizes of tyre: 285 mm tyres on rear, and 245 mm at front.

·
Registered
224 Posts
According to Alfa Romeo the base EU 200hp Giulia has a top speed of 230 km/h. The 280hp version, which has 80hp MORE, reaches just 10 km/h further at 240?! Considering the low drag coefficient I find this quite strange. Thoughts?

Another thing. I had the chance to sit in the base EU Giulia in Geneva and the redline of the 200hp petrol starts at 5,500rpm. WTF?
In the US brochure it is mentioned that the 280hp has its redline at 6,100 and a max. engine speed of 6,200rpm. Thoughts?

Finally, if you check BMW's engine specs you'd find that torque is available from as low as 1,400rpm~, so why does a new Giulia with brand new engines start to delivering max. torque much higher (above 2K rpm for the 280hp version)?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Finally, if you check BMW's engine specs you'd find that torque is available from as low as 1,400rpm~, so why does a new Giulia with brand new engines start to delivering max. torque much higher (above 2K rpm for the 280hp version)?
..2k is pretty low? The Busso delivers max torque at 5k, and in a way that's part of what makes it so much fun.

I'd be hoping the engines have a cammy, revvy character.. if i just wanted to surf around on a low-rev wave of torque i'd have a diesel :)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
..and as long as i'm here, i don't really get all the BMW talk..? BMW make lovely cars but apart from the halo models I've no interest in most of them at this stage.. the last few i've driven have been beautifully made and uber refined, but also slightly lifeless and disconnected.. and BMW aren't wrong either because that's what the market generally seems to want..

But I'm hoping that regardless of the numbers the Giulia is a slightly different driving experience, a bit more connected, a bit more mechanical. We're not far from the day when regular electric cars are going to blow ICE powered cars out of the water anyway in terms of pure acceleration, but hopefully there will still be a small market for something affordable that can make the hairs on your neck stand up as it hurls towards the redline.... :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Well, this page claims Giulietta 1.4 is 113 mm:
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Specs

Which means Giulietta QV is 103 mm. I drive the "normal" (i.e. 113 mm) Giulietta daily and see no problems with its practicality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts