Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off a detailing forum which I like. It's mostly full of Americans - no problem, I hope that doesn't sound perjorative. But, whenever I join the politics / elections threads ... man my blood boils.

The myopic, jingoistic nature of their chat is frightening. I was abused for suggesting to one guy, who wants his taxes for Obamacare back, that he should be more concerned about his taxes being spent on weapons and warfare.

I got roundly laughed out of the forum for my stupid lefty ideals.

And breathe

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Americans..........?

They want to carry guns but can't understand mass shootings in schools and universities and a fair proportion of them want to see Trump in the Whitehouse........

I'll never understand them.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Perhaps the most powerful country will always contain a higher proportion of proud people who are confident they are right, and won't listen to evidence, reasoning, etc. Maybe Great Britain was the same in the days of Empire.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
I was happy to see The Fart lose but Cruz is just as scary.

How on earth can the parties stack themselves with so many zealots that the majority "reasonables" cannot out vote them.

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Americans are still hungry about presidential exotique.
Next one would definitely come from latins. Either Marco Rubio or Theodoro Cruz.
:readit:

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Love the country, but some of the people are loud, obnoxious, opinionated, and are always quick to remind you they saved the world, on more than one occasion.

Bush 2 was a frigging idiot, imagine Fart in charge!:eek:

E

·
0 Posts
Ted Cruz. Just what they need. A religious zealot in charge. :thumbs:
Yeah but it's the right religion. The difference between him and fundamentalists of other faiths is he will have a nuclear arsenal to carry out gods will with should he become president.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts