Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
But it's ok because centrica will have a 25% stake in the nuclear power stations :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NOt true, Gordon is a europfile,
Got nothing to do with be pro- or anti- Europe.

I'm Pro Europe and think it's a typical uk.gov
short-termist sell-off ****-up.

Bet they don't "sell" the decommissioning part and end
up paying for that themselves. Dicks.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I agree totally with the sentiments here.:thumbs:
Their Chief Exec says he is delighted with the deal; he would be - these guys have been taking the right p**s out of the UK ever since they set foot here.
How about this? £450 to "reconnect" a street light that has been hit by a car! Pay in advance, now, and we'll come and do it in about 6 months time! Maybe we won't have it done then...
That's OK, it's still £450 to "disconnect" it!
£20,000 to "connect" a substation that a contractor has supplied and fitted! Again, pay us now and we'll come and do it when we get around to it.
They have a monopoly and they know just how to milk it.
They are the biggest bunch of scheisters outside of the City of London.:rant:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:) Nev :tut: Stop posting threads I agree with you on, I miss our disagreements. :p

Spot on though this has got to be one of Browns dirtiest tricks to date, New Labour !! Old Tory !! :mad:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Got nothing to do with be pro- or anti- Europe.

I'm Pro Europe and think it's a typical uk.gov
short-termist sell-off ****-up.

Bet they don't "sell" the decommissioning part and end
up paying for that themselves. Dicks.
I'm also pro-europe, as in free market, would just rather not be governed from there. If a market partner i.e. French company buys a British asset what grounds do we have for complaint?

If we want to be part of the club, then we have to play by the rules, unfortunately we only have a 1 in 30 say as to the composition.

Selling off our gold reserve was the one that really hurt.

I also agree with your sentiments but how can they be justified?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last one out the country turn off the lights... don't want to run up a huge electric bill with the French do we :mad:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Last one out the country turn off the lights... don't want to run up a huge electric bill with the French do we :mad:
Don't worry I'm sure they'll just cut us off :cry:

·
Registered
269 Posts
The French buy our electricty over production cheaply in the summer and sell it back at twice the price in the winter. Didn't we try something similar with north sea oil.

As a nation we whinge about the weather, the French have an affair.

That really galls.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The problem is Nev, that you have to look at the long term issues here. These "poor" pirates - only armed with RPGs and Kalashnikovs, may well be severely traumatised, following their encounter with a Royal Navy frigate. They may have seen their friends killed or injured, in previous encounters with other naval forces. Were we to make any kind of contact with them, then it would be our noble duty to provide counselling, benefits and free housing. They may also be guided towards the following websites:
www.pirates in distress.nuts.uk
www.rapeandpillage/countryadmitsall/.loopy.uk
;)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
EDF is still partially state owned.

I would say "majority" owned given that fr.gov own 80% of it!!! ... so let me get this straight, other governments in the world are busy "nationalising" (us.gov is in the process of buying ALL there banks) ... and we're busy selling it off :(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts