Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought that nothing could look worse than a Ssang Yong. I was wrong! Today I saw my first Porsche Panamera in the metal. :wow: The pictures I had seen did it a favour. In my opinion it is hideous and the worst looking car I have seen by a country mile.:eek::eek::vomit:

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
not the ugliest in the world, but the current Audi A6 is quite a minger...

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,619 Posts
i have seen four or five locally now, and each time, I cringe.

But let me tell you what worries me.

When the Cayenne came out years back, we all thought it was (and is) vile looking. But, 'when you grow up on a diet of sh*t, you soon get used to it', so now through familiarity, the Cayenne is less shocking; it has dumbed down our senses of what's visually acceptable, which - reinforced by it sales success as a validation that it looks acceptable - has driven Porsche think it's really quite ok to launch something as utterly revolting as the Paininmyeye on us.

Following this pattern, what stylistic joys will Porsche unleash upon us in 2020 I wonder?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have seen four or five locally now, and each time, I cringe.

But let me tell you what worries me.

When the Cayenne came out years back, we all thought it was (and is) vile looking. But, 'when you grow up on a diet of sh*t, you soon get used to it', so now through familiarity, the Cayenne is less shocking; it has dumbed down our senses of what's visually acceptable, which - reinforced by it sales success as a validation that it looks acceptable - has driven Porsche think it's really quite ok to launch something as utterly revolting as the Paininmyeye on us.

Following this pattern, what stylistic joys will Porsche unleash upon us in 2020 I wonder?
Have to agree with that.:thumbs: Love your name for it. May I borrow it?

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,619 Posts
Have to agree with that.:thumbs: Love your name for it. May I borrow it?
lol, yeah no worries - help yourself mate :thumbs: :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
I always thought that nothing could look worse than a Ssang Yong. I was wrong! Today I saw my first Porsche Panamera in the metal. :wow: The pictures I had seen did it a favour. In my opinion it is hideous and the worst looking car I have seen by a country mile.:eek::eek::vomit:
Looks good to me, if you compare it to its peers, Maybach, Merc Sclass, Jag XJ, Lexus LS rtc and good value.

G

·
As an ID designer I can safely say that it is a beautiful car...in ITS CATEGORY and not compared to a 911, which is an ugly car anyway, he he he.

If you think the Syangyong is prettier than the panamera than you sir need to get your collective viewing 'tish' together because clearly this is your opinion and therefore niether correct nor incorrect, but that does not make your opinion right.

Im not saying that it is the MOST beautiful car in the collective - meaning the Porchse collective, as in the "Borg design" that lacks any foresight and intuitive modern styling; yet for what it was designed for it is reallly nice and rather a beautiful car in its own right for those chaps who 1) like the Borg-thang 2) like to go fast when they can without thinking they are a race care driver when clearly thay are not and 3) have families.

It is not MY choice though and for that money I would choose something else, yet...its a personal thing I guess. But to straight out compare it to a bloody Syangyong or another car brand that is and has been deisgned with a completely different TM and scope is paramount to 'oversimplifactions' and 'grandstanding sweeping generalizations' made by some whose knowledge is about as high as LOOKING at a pic or the real thing and just...SAYING its so.

Yeah right!

I'll just go to Wallmart to buy a few superlatives on that one hey!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As an ID designer I can safely say that it is a beautiful car...in ITS CATEGORY and not compared to a 911, which is an ugly car anyway, he he he.

If you think the Syangyong is prettier than the panamera than you sir need to get your collective viewing 'tish' together because clearly this is your opinion and therefore niether correct nor incorrect, but that does not make your opinion right.

Im not saying that it is the MOST beautiful car in the collective - meaning the Porchse collective, as in the "Borg design" that lacks any foresight and intuitive modern styling; yet for what it was designed for it is reallly nice and rather a beautiful car in its own right for those chaps who 1) like the Borg-thang 2) like to go fast when they can without thinking they are a race care driver when clearly thay are not and 3) have families.

It is not MY choice though and for that money I would choose something else, yet...its a personal thing I guess. But to straight out compare it to a bloody Syangyong or another car brand that is and has been deisgned with a completely different TM and scope is paramount to 'oversimplifactions' and 'grandstanding sweeping generalizations' made by some whose knowledge is about as high as LOOKING at a pic or the real thing and just...SAYING its so.

Yeah right!

I'll just go to Wallmart to buy a few superlatives on that one hey!
I consider myself admonished - I think.

G

·
Ah that old chestnut - Design.

One man's treasure. Another's trash....(insert yet another well worn cliche here).

For the record Chucky, totally same page.

"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - regardless of one's profession.

Thanks Bill Shakespeare. ;) :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah that old chestnut - Design.

One man's treasure. Another's trash....(insert yet another well worn cliche here).

For the record Chucky, totally same page.

"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - regardless of one's profession.

Thanks Bill Shakespeare. ;) :)
Thanks K. I was careful to say in my opening post that it was my opinion only.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm classifying the Paininmyeye - nice one Scudetto - the ugliest car from a top class motor manufacturer with limitless budgets and resources

But the ugliest car I've ever seen IS the Ssang Yyong Rodeo

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
What about the subaru tribeca. That's a truely ugly car.

G

·
I have to say that whilst I don't like the Panamera's styling personally, I think it looks interesting and I can see why some people might consider that it looks good.

·
Registered
735 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts