1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your Forum name rancido64

Real name Philip Haylock

Age 22

Occupation Car Park Nightshift Manager (leaving soon :) no more nightshifts!)

Lives near Mount Nugent, Co. Cavan, Ireland

Marital Status Married

which cars do you drive and why? Alfa 147, because I got confirmed for credit to spend on a car, went out test driving about 15 cars in the one day, last one i tried was the 147 and i fell in love instantly, the first Alfa I'd ever driven and I very much doubt she'll be the last!

Are you a real passionate for Alfa Romeo? Only since I got the 147, I always thought they were stunning, but only really got into cars since i got the Alfa

What or how started your passion for Alfa Romeo and…
….do you think it’s fundamental to own one to have the passion?
erm... i kinda answered that above, but starting my passion was just the style of them and then test driving my 147 lol and yeah i think you have to have owned one at some point to really get the passion for them

Would you ever consider joining an Alfa Club or are you already a member of one? i thought alfaowner.com was one?

What do you like most about Alfas? The pure unadultered enjoyment I get from driving one

What do you like least about Alfas? the fact i didn't know the timing belt on the 147 needs changing at 35k miles so when i got to 37.5k the t.belt broke :( top end rebuild!

What would be your dream cars? Alfa 8c, bmw m3 EVO, Mitsi Evo III & VII

What car would you least like to drive? i hope i never have to drive a ford ever again... so lifeless

What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)? Ah, I've had some good ones... ideal drive in the Alfa..... my mp3 player full of music to play on random to get a nice mix of rock, hip hop and more, no passanger but a walkie talkie instead and a convoy of 3+ other cars with me with a walkie talkie in each car :D some GREAT fun to be had :thumbs:

Any humorous Alfa or car-related stories you wish to share with us? not so much, many many fun times in the 147 during the year I've had her but I think i'd rather keep them to myself lol ;)

What interests do you have outside of Alfas? spending time with my wife & daughter, playing the guitar, skateboarding, trips to the mountains & coast

Tell us something nobody knows about you. (E.g. special skill, ever been on TV, etc)

Do you have a party trick? If so what is it? many many party tricks if I've got a skateboard under me :D If i have 3 or 4 people lie down side by side on the floor i can clear them, that's party trick #1 lol prob the most impressive too... the problem is finding the volunteers to lie down haha

What do you like most about the Alfaowner forum? Any favourite threads, episodes or people? Ah there's just sooo much info to be learned, and so far I've had a good experience here with lots of helpful friendly people from around the world & all walks of life to talk with :)

If you had £50,000 you had to spend in 72 hours, how would you choose to spend it? what's £50k in euro? erm.. I'll say its €70k cos I'm not sure....... a large number of mods and work done to my 147 - uprated internals, turbocharging kit, redo the interior, and more that I'd probably need to be searching the net for hours to find lol; and then the rest I'd be buying myself a nice little RWD number to start getting sideways in ;)

well... that's my interview done i guess :) thanks for reading :thumbs:

Phil

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,214 Posts
Cheers Phil, thanks for sharing :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks bigfoot :D sure ya know what they say "sharing is caring" :thumbs: