Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am back after originally selling my beloved 156 2.0 TS due to an array of problems that simply would not go away. I had it looked at by many mechanics and despite replacing a whole stack of sensors etc nothing seemed to work. I thus sold it and (you will hate me for this), I bought a Fiat Stilo 1.9JTD..... :( .!

I had to admit that this was probably the biggest mistake I ever made. I won't go into all the details as silence is the best course of action for the Stilo!

I have now just taken ownership of another Alfa. This time around it is a 156 Sportwagon 2.4 JTD. It is by far the best Alfa I have owned and in my opinion it is far better than my old 2.0TS. Kinder on the wallet as well when filling up!

Anyway, good to see the forum still running after my time away!

Take care everyone.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Hi there, welcome... back to AO! :)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
RESISTANCE is futile :D ... welcome back and post more Dude :)

... and post a piccy of your Car :)

(pssst what happened Hugo :rolleyes: )

;)

·
0 Posts
Just out of interest, what was wrong with the Stilo? I have always liked the styling of the hatch. First modern Fiat I can say that of.

I thought they'd really pulled their socks up with the Stilo.

I had a Punto courtesy (not very courteous) car years ago and I can honestly say it was the worst car I have ever driven, awful. Didn't do much for my nerves either as I was given it after I had a shunt on diesel. They don't exactly instil confidence. Explained a lot in respect of how people tend to drive them - they don't.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothing wrong with the Stilo as a general family car, but the suspension on the 5 door was diabolical. I felt like Mr Marshmallow man! Forget speed bumps...at least the Alfa is wide enough to help avoid them!

Other than that.....well, what would you rather be driving...and seeing as we are in an Alfa forum I guess you don't have to answer that!

:)

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
lizardchops said:
Nothing wrong with the Stilo as a general family car, but the suspension on the 5 door was diabolical. I felt like Mr Marshmallow man! Forget speed bumps...at least the Alfa is wide enough to help avoid them!

Other than that.....well, what would you rather be driving...and seeing as we are in an Alfa forum I guess you don't have to answer that!

:)
Admittedly I *almost* bought a 2002 reg'd Stilo JTD myself before buying my 156TS. I had the cheque with me to pay the dealer & decided to go for on elast test dtive:

Goodpoints:

1. Engine was quite lively.
2. Ceap to run, would be good on juice.

Bad point.
1. The funky s/r leaked.
2. front suspension was like rubber, Mr Blobbly is more firm than the front shocks of a Stilo. Maybe its the same suspension bits as the petrol without nay upgrading to take care of the extra engine weight of
the diesel engine.
3. the dash was as rough as a teenagers face with a bad dose of acne
4. the door handles looke dlike they were made of the most fragile platstic which would easily break
5. the interior trim was hideous & was very raggy, the car only had 37k miles on it.

I walked away, thankfully :)

Now I almoooooost bought am 2003 reg'd 156 1.9 JTD 16v, Multijet......... i'm almooooost sorry I didn't ..... but it was a pinky/red colour !!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts