Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
A truly great episode of Top Gear as per usual. When I watched it on tv I laughed my **** off, especially when they were going round the track and they did a rolling road block and wouldnt let anyone past! The best bit for me was when Clarkson got on the radio and said he has a problem with the handling and the car was on it side!!! Last one - when he painted his car turqoise........class!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
seriously funny episode...loved the alfa meet with the semi serious fuddies pulling faces...laugh a minute stuff:lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ****ed myself every time Hammond crashed into the GTV. That look on James' face was priceless. Especially when they did it with the Alfa judge leaning through the window!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
:cry:

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

Go to Radio channels home page

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice

D

·
0 Posts
Love that episode and for people to say that Top Gear doesn't like Alfa's is a mad statement to make imo. And They really show how well made they if they put up with the abuse that them lads can throw at em. I loved and it is a proper showing of how good and great Alfa's can be.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great episode of top gear that... I wonder what happened to the 3 cars after Clarkson, May & Hammond finished with them..?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
i read somewhere that the 75 belonged to someone on the forum and that once filming finished the previous owner would be given 1st refusal to buy back the car for a nominal charge. although after seeing it in all its skoda green glory at the show the 75 ex-owner was non too pleased!!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
:cry:

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

Go to Radio channels home page

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice
Presumably because in the UK, BBC television is public-funded - to have a TV you have to have a TV license which you pay every year, although I suppose technically those without a TV can still watch online in the UK, but that's impossible to police.

Radio in this country has never required a license, so you can listen to that anywhere in the world.

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Watched it a few days ago and loved it.....why do they always have to **** around with poor James and his good choices :lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
why do they always have to **** around with poor James and his good choices :lol:
Cos he takes it so seriously !! He loved nothing more than detailing the car, it'll only get dirty again :lol:

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Found the episode a bit dull to be honest. I've gone off Top Gear.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great episode of top gear that... I wonder what happened to the 3 cars after Clarkson, May & Hammond finished with them..?
Don't they keep all the cars from their previous challanges etc in/near the studio? I remember seeing the episode where they were all playing with tractors and one of them (James i think) attached all the 'challenge cars' in a long lie behind them for a drag race, while clarkson towed the jumbo and hammond the TG production office.

(Yes i watch too much Top Gear, gotta love Dave)

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
It's much better than Fifth Gear, they are idiots.. At least with TG you get a laugh:lol:
True, but it seems to be the same laughs repeated. Wouldn't mind them trying something new.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
P

Radio in this country has never required a license, so you can listen to that anywhere in the world.
I know its an old topic - but only just seen it - and to be pedantic:)

a good few years ago, we did have to have radio licences - you even, technically speaking, had to have a seperate licence for your car radio!
With the widespread adoption of transistor radios I think it just got a bit unenforceable, and was dropped......and of course there is now the argument that since most of the major broadcasters are going to be streaming their output live on the internet (can't really see why?) there is no need to possess a TV set, therefore no need to have a licence - although again technically in our Alice in Wonderland system you ARE supposed to have a licence to watch a live streaming, but not a recorded program:rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts