Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
My Bilt-Hamber AutoFoam arrived yesterday. First usage this weekend before the car goes in for its complete service.

Planning to stick to the standard 4% usage through my Karcher K2, and see how I go.
Don't expect a really thick foam, it doesn't work like that. It cleans extremely well though.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Twice a year maximum.
To test if your car needs claying wash it then put your hand in a thin plastic bag and gently run your fingertips lightly over the bodywork. If it feels rough it needs claying.

The HD Wax won't last as long as it should over the Cherry Glaze because Cherry Glaze breaks down quicker than the wax does. It lasts far longer if it's bonded to bare paintwork.
Can't believe how much junk the clay picked up from the windscreen!!!!

Gave it a very brief go on the bonnet too on about a 4x4" patch... felt very very grainy on the fist few passes, and then smoothed up nicely! I think I'm due a whole body claying :D

Any idea how long the HD Wax would last over the Cherry Glaze then?

I really like the look of the Nippon Shine Soft Fusso you're using now, but don't really want to invest in that when I know I really need a full all over machine polish/correction job...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Can't believe how much junk the clay picked up from the windscreen!!!!

Gave it a very brief go on the bonnet too on about a 4x4" patch... felt very very grainy on the fist few passes, and then smoothed up nicely! I think I'm due a whole body claying :D

Any idea how long the HD Wax would last over the Cherry Glaze then?

I really like the look of the Nippon Shine Soft Fusso you're using now, but don't really want to invest in that when I know I really need a full all over machine polish/correction job...
It'll probably last about 2 months before it starts breaking down.
Soft99 Fusso is fine to use even if you need a full correction. It's only £20(ish) and will last up to a year. Cheaper than Autoglym HD Wax (which I only use in the spring/summer).

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
It'll probably last about 2 months before it starts breaking down.
Soft99 Fusso is fine to use even if you need a full correction. It's only £20(ish) and will last up to a year. Cheaper than Autoglym HD Wax (which I only use in the spring/summer).
Would you use the Fusso as a single stage all-in-one then? Or use sealant/glaze below and/or wax on top?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Would you use the Fusso as a single stage all-in-one then? Or use sealant/glaze below and/or wax on top?
Fusso is a long life synthetic sealant. It does have some filling properties so it can hide light swirls if needs be. If you're planning on having the paint corrected you can still apply it as it will be removed by the detailer before he begins. Even if he doesn't use a dedicated stripping chemical the first cutting stage will remove it anyway. Plus you get enough in a single tin to last you over a decade if you're only applying it to your own vehicle...

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Fusso is a long life synthetic sealant. It does have some filling properties so it can hide light swirls if needs be. If you're planning on having the paint corrected you can still apply it as it will be removed by the detailer before he begins. Even if he doesn't use a dedicated stripping chemical the first cutting stage will remove it anyway. Plus you get enough in a single tin to last you over a decade if you're only applying it to your own vehicle...
Just gone an bought a tub of Fusso Soft99 :biglaugh:

Have been using Cherry Glaze AIO for the last few weeks, but not finding that it's lasting that long...

Applied after claying and de-tarring so it went onto nice clean paint, and have topped up the coat after each wash with another thin coat... But doesn't quite resist the road crud as much as I'd like!

Roll on the summer and I'll go back to lovely lovely HD Wax!

·
Administrator
86,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
This arrived last week from Detailing Shed:

Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy,
Bilt Hamber Korrosol Fall Out Remover,
2x CarPro Eraser,
2x Bilt Hamber Auto-clay,
50.Cal Stealth Last Touch Detailer,
50Cal Flash Grenade Dilution 500ml Bottle,
Chemical Guys Black Ultra Fine Applicator,
Nitrile Black Gloves 100pk
& an ODK wax sample.

DSC_3401a.jpg

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Just gone an bought a tub of Fusso Soft99 :biglaugh:

Have been using Cherry Glaze AIO for the last few weeks, but not finding that it's lasting that long...

Applied after claying and de-tarring so it went onto nice clean paint, and have topped up the coat after each wash with another thin coat... But doesn't quite resist the road crud as much as I'd like!

Roll on the summer and I'll go back to lovely lovely HD Wax!
Cherry Glaze doesn't last long because it's an AIO. You really need to wax over it or at least apply something like P32 or Bouncers Done n Dusted to get a few more weeks/months from it.

·
Administrator
86,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
This arrived last week from Detailing Shed:

CarPro DLUX Kit,
CarPro PERL Applicator,
3M 3434 Blue masking tape (19mm)

IMG_20160504_094738.jpg

41 - 53 of 53 Posts