Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
went to the cricket at old trafford yesterday - 50 over match lancashire vs derbyshire. it was cold but can't complain as the sun was out most of the time, not bad by manchester standards!

derbyshire batting

sunny manchester :D

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
chilton seals the match in style for lancashire with an almighty 6 to win the game :cool: :cool:

i love the cricket - what a cracking way to while away a sunday afternoon :cool:

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Nice pics Al. You've captured the genteel atmosphere of a county game.

Shame there's no action shot of a 'keeper in action though! :( Otherwise very good!

H

·
0 Posts
Nice pics, hope you had a great time.

I can't stand the sport meself, like a bit of baseball tho :thumbs: :cool:

R

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a good day, not played for years but still got my old bat in garage, it's been that long the rubber's perished :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
God job it's cricket!!

Thought you'd been to some of those 'special' clubs with the 'dancing ladies' that proliferate in the Bury area (as told by Steve Berry on Rock Radio).

Glad to see you were surrounded by manly men, whacking their balls about, and leaving strange stains on their trousers.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I like to watch the Test matches on the telly but never been to a live professional game despite being only a 20 minute drive from Durham's Riverside ground :eek:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the cricket is a great day out, even if you're not massively into the sport itself. it's just so relaxing its untrue, you only have to concentrate about 20 seconds every couple of minutes, and you can just sit in the sun getting loaded all day :D

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
I have always loved cricket. I used to be a member of Middlesex and
spent many many days at Lords. As you say Al, it is a very relaxing
way to spend a day :D

Tell me Al, what length lens were you using there :confused: You got
very close :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
the cricket is a great day out, even if you're not massively into the sport itself. it's just so relaxing its untrue, you only have to concentrate about 20 seconds every couple of minutes, and you can just sit in the sun getting loaded all day :D
Its something I've been meaning to do for years, especially a test match against the aussies, I must get round to it.

·
0 Posts
Cool pics Al :thumbs: - not into cricket really, but reckon I could handle a few brewskis in the sun while watching though :lol:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have always loved cricket. I used to be a member of Middlesex and
spent many many days at Lords. As you say Al, it is a very relaxing
way to spend a day :D

Tell me Al, what length lens were you using there :confused: You got
very close :D

carl zeiss lens on my sony camera. 12x optical zoom, plus god knows how much digital zoom on top :thumbs:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
It's funny you should post this thread today, as I live within a few yards of St.Helens Cricket Ground, where Glamorgan used to play ALL their matches, and where Garfield Sobers famously hit 6 x 6 off one over way back in the 60's, and yesterday there was a game on here, and that sound of leather on wood was evident all afternoon, which made it feel very summerish indeed. First game down her this Year too, don't know who was playing though !!!!!.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts