Alfa Romeo Forum banner

3141 - 3158 of 3158 Posts

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
That's a helluva baby gate.
It’s a fat man gate.

I really struggled to get downstairs after I’d assembled it, not as agile as I used to be. My daughter on the other hand was like a ferret up a drainpipe as she painted the ceiling.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
I’ve got my scaffolding to take down at my daughters tomorrow, god knows what will happen. :cool:
it went up without incident, but who knows.
From recent posts, I assume you will surround it with your wife's fragile belongings before you start. ;)

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
All down, no drama, no relatives harmed.....Sorry.

Outside socket installed for Xmas lights.......again no drama, well, except for trapping my finger in one of those folding garden chairs.
I’m getting good at this.

Attachments

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
That walls at a bit of an angle*.

*I see the new forum hasn't fixed the iPhone photos appearing sideways issue.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Is the fire picture dark and blurry for artistic reasons, or to hide the bodge?

And where's your rusty dustbin gone?

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,154
I will take a forensically clear pic of the fire. With detail of the bodges. Blink and you'll miss it.

The rusty bin is now used as a planter for a Hebe. A new rusty bin is full of bamboo cuttings. The missus is nervous - she feels that I might set the entire garden on fire.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Nice. I'm not sure you should keep teenagers in dustbins though. It's probably an infringement of their rights.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
My erection might be too good for this thread. However, it illustrates the principle: “Faffe ye not, that ye might faffe even unto the end of time.” Early progress was hampered by the hot weather in August. Frosty air might deter further work.

The cutting was done f.o.c. by the timber yard. Fitting of the top, bottom and middle shelves was hand crafted using dowels (so professional), while the other shelves are on luxury B&Q shelf supports with dollops of glue to stop it all wobbling. (It doesn’t quite stop it).

Slight mystery is having to force in each shelf, yet having a gap at one end once it’s in place. Fortunately these dark oak shelves are destined for a shadowy corner of the dining room where such trivial imperfections will fade into insignificance.

Please feel free to express your admiration.

·
Registered
26,115 Posts
Words fail me. The bottom just fell out of my admiration (as obviously, it was poorly put together in the first place).

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
I've been working on our box room this week. Noticed a few weeks back that the plaster was cracked badly and coming away across the top of one of the walls (hope that's not a sign the house is falling down).
So I've been at it with a bolster and hammer, and have got rid of everything that was loose. About half a tub of polyfilla has gone on to fill all the gaps and dips. Next is the sanding down before probably another go with the polyfilla for whatever isn't perfect.

My sanding previously has been donw with a multifunction tool from Aldi. It works very well as a plunge saw, but for sanding it can be frustrating. orks well at first, but the sanding pads are held on with velcro - except they aren't true velcro, they've just got like cotton wool backs, and they very quickly stop adhering properly. Also it's designed such that using it right handed, it blows all the dust right into your face.

So I invested in this little thing:

Which will hopefully solve both those issues.

Was intending to start tonight, but having spent an hour wrestling with Mrs Bazza's car to replace the battery, I reckon it can maybe wait till tomorrow.

So far no injuries on the room renovation. On the car battery no injuries either, which is a miracle! However one of the gloves I was wearing split without me noticing, so I have very clean hands except for a very dirty thumb.

3141 - 3158 of 3158 Posts