Alfa Romeo Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3157 Posts

·
Registered
14,429 Posts
I changed a shower cartridge without drowning, or evacuating the street.
Having forked out over £100 for a new cartridge, I took the old one apart this morning. It appears that the leak was caused by o-rings that have gone rock hard and stopped sealing. Probably a quid to fix. I could actually do that but as the last one last ten years I can't really be arsed.

Ce la vie.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
77,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,085
Let me place a scenario before you, comrades.

A man....I know.....has planned for some time a modest garden 'makeover'. His other half has acquainted him with the Garden Rescue series where people pay Chelsea award winning designers sums in the region of £5k to do up the plot, with all design and spadework buckshee provided by the experts (including an alarmingly inflated C Dimmock).

“Heightened anticipation inevitably leads to disappointment” - indeed!

At the weekend, and after showing several sketches (TO SCALE ON GRAPH PAPER) to an interested party, I set about procurement and construction of a large L-shaped raised bed.

Two fundamental issues were raised post-construction.

1) it is argued by aforementioned "interested party" that it is not an "L" - basis of argument being each arm of the L is equal length. I am accused of a breach of contract or summat.

2) it is argued etc. that it is effing mahoosive and not remotely like it looked on paper, and the one I did 3 weeks ago which is the one that stuck in their mind was smaller.

I put it to you that I gained approval on the basis of presenting accurate scale diagrams and I shall not be liable for taking a dicky fit.

·
Premium Member
77,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,086
I procured a pot-bellied stove off fleabay, and the bottom (ash tray, I s'pose) was, on collection, noted to be
completely shot.

Fortunately (and as I must have suspected), I can rip off bolts (hacksaw and mole grips) and remove it.

Handy hint = when ordering 1.2mm mild steel off fleabay. If they offer a bespoke cutting service for a very modest fee - using their laser cutter and special deburring tools - then TAKE ADVANTAGE.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Let me place a scenario before you, comrades.

A man....I know.....has planned for some time a modest garden 'makeover'. His other half has acquainted him with the Garden Rescue series where people pay Chelsea award winning designers sums in the region of £5k to do up the plot, with all design and spadework buckshee provided by the experts (including an alarmingly inflated C Dimmock).

“Heightened anticipation inevitably leads to disappointment” - indeed!

At the weekend, and after showing several sketches (TO SCALE ON GRAPH PAPER) to an interested party, I set about procurement and construction of a large L-shaped raised bed.

Two fundamental issues were raised post-construction.

1) it is argued by aforementioned "interested party" that it is not an "L" - basis of argument being each arm of the L is equal length. I am accused of a breach of contract or summat.

2) it is argued etc. that it is effing mahoosive and not remotely like it looked on paper, and the one I did 3 weeks ago which is the one that stuck in their mind was smaller.

I put it to you that I gained approval on the basis of presenting accurate scale diagrams and I shall not be liable for taking a dicky fit.
Mrs SiF
\
Make it like it is in my head.

SiF
\
:rant:

·
Administrator
45,051 Posts
That chair in the background looks proper slammed at the back. Needs some neons though.

Also, those aren't so much raised beds, as beds of the same height with a wall around them. ;)
Your joinery looks impressive to me though. :)

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
It looks like Mrs. SIF could easily nail a lid to that raised boarder?
:nono: this is completely disgraceful and scurrilous slander regarding any alleged airbnb guests and the lady in question!! (not withstanding her undoubted skills with hammer and nail) :nono:

:angel:

3081 - 3100 of 3157 Posts