Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Mrs Roy are going away to London soon, and have seen this advertised a lot, and fancy giving it a go, but its quite expensive, and you have to book well in advance. So has anyone on here tried it, or know someone who has. Any opinions welcomed.....

Thanks Folks.......:thumbs:

..........:):):)...........

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody even heard of it.........:cool:

Its basically a high speed trip along the Thames, starting from the " Embankment Pier " and going right up to the " Thames Barrier " and back, in a very powerful Rigid Inflatable Boat ( R.I.B. ) and seeing a lot of the main attractions too. I've read some very good reviews on it elsewhere, but wondered if anyone on here, had used it.......:thumbs:

·
Administrator
45,154 Posts
RIBbing in the Thames? I would imagine there's one thing which is ribbed that you see a lot of in that river :vomit:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RIBbing in the Thames? I would imagine there's one thing which is ribbed that you see a lot of in that river :vomit:

Well thats one way of looking at it, I suppose !!!!!......:lol::lol:

Wonder if the Boat is sponsored by Durex !!!!!.......:rolleyes::)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Cloverleaf.......:thumbs:

We fancy it a lot, but you are right about the weather, and I'm not too keen having to book in advance either, as its almost £100 for the 2 of us. I'd hate to turn up on a horrible wet and windy day in July after paying that amount out........:eek::eek:

We have used the Thames Clipper down to the 02 Arena before, and that was great, so I certainly agree with you about it, being better than the Tube !!!!!......:):)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blowing a Gale down here today, and just starting to rain heavily too. Sides with the argument NOT to book this in advance, methinks !!!!!

Just turn up on the Day, if the weather is good, and take our chance to get on, seems to be the best option here........:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
The RIB does look like fun, but....... you're paying 100 quid for something which you can do for about 12 quid albeit at a much slower pace, and pick the right boat an you can have a couple of beers whilst seeing the sights from the river (if the weather is nice) as well.

Up to you I suppose.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The RIB does look like fun, but....... you're paying 100 quid for something which you can do for about 12 quid albeit at a much slower pace, and pick the right boat an you can have a couple of beers whilst seeing the sights from the river (if the weather is nice) as well.

Up to you I suppose.

Cheers Geoff........:thumbs:

A very good point indeed, we have used the Thames Clipper before, and its been fine, but I'm sure if we look around we could get a good deal with another Company, AND it would probably be undercover as well, so the weather would not be an issue at all, and a LOT cheaper as you say !!!!!!........;)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
I'd opt for the leisurely paced cruise, with a roof and a bar too? :): Loved that trip my old dad took me on from the Tower Wharf to Sarf' End pier on the old Daffodil paddle steamer, back in the mists of time.:D She was used in the Dunkirk evacuation iirc?:confused: Enjoy the trip, whichever you decide on.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I'd opt for the leisurely paced cruise, with a roof and a bar too? :): Loved that trip my old dad took me on from the Tower Wharf to Sarf' End pier on the old Daffodil paddle steamer, back in the mists of time.:D She was used in the Dunkirk evacuation iirc?:confused: Enjoy the trip, whichever you decide on.:thumbs:

There still is a paddle steamer that goes from Tower Bridge. My company hired it for a jolly up last year. It certainly had a bar on it! :thumbs::p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts