Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anybody is aware of and/or attending but it promises to be an excellent event and is now in its 8th year.

TheSupercarEvent.com - Home

Two days at Dunsfold (Top Gear test track) with access to loads of interesting cars and other bits and bobs.

Lots of car clubs going including various Ferrari, Maserati and Lamborghini iterations, plenty of displays and I believe Chris Evans and his collection too.

Approximately 150 supercars and other interesting vehicles giving passenger laps of the track, Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, the odd Zonda, Koenigsegg, Radical, KTM etc.

I'm going to be there too driving passenger laps and also a little of bit of aerial filming with a drone :)

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I was meant to go, decided (wrongly) to do CPOP instead. Next year...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why wrongly Malc ? CP looks pretty cool too, is it less participative ?

Have to say I really looking forward to it.

Rumour has it there may be a AROC representation too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Why wrongly Malc ? CP looks pretty cool too, is it less participative ?

Have to say I really looking forward to it.

Rumour has it there may be a AROC representation too.

I went on Sunday. Think Saturday was a better day.
Working on my missus regarding Dunsfold. We still may go yet.

·
Registered
13,198 Posts
What were you driving, RSK?

It wasn't one of those white Merecedes / AMG estates was it? They were very quick in a straight line and the sound they made was absolutely brutal!

I don't normally like Ferraris but I have to say that hearing them howling away from the start point was wonderful to hear especially when compared with the sound of this season's F1 cars and they have grown on me a bit.

Great day out and it's very likely that I will be going back there next year, when I will try being a passenger in one of the cars :thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What were you driving, RSK?

It wasn't one of those white Merecedes / AMG estates was it? They were very quick in a straight line and the sound they made was absolutely brutal!

I don't normally like Ferraris but I have to say that hearing them howling away from the start point was wonderful to hear especially when compared with the sound of this season's F1 cars and they have grown on me a bit.

Great day out and it's very likely that I will be going back there next year, when I will try being a passenger in one of the cars :thumbs:

Hello Starkers

Yes I was in the white CLS - the faster and louder of the two Mercs there ;)

The car did really well and held its own all day with not much being quicker than it on the straights.

Were you there when Chris Evans turned up in his La Ferrari ? What a machine !!!

·
Registered
13,198 Posts
I missed it as I only found out about the event at about 9am this morning and we didn't get there till about lunchtime.

I bumped in to one of my mates there, he was also doing laps in his Cobra Daytona Coupe type thingy.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I missed it as I only found out about the event at about 9am this morning and we didn't get there till about lunchtime.

I bumped in to one of my mates there, he was also doing laps in his Cobra Daytona Coupe type thingy.

That was a monstrous car, he was on a lap with me once and it looked a massive handful - he's a brave chap !

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Sounds as expected a great weekend. We never got there, next year for sure.:thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
A couple of pics from the day on my instagram account and more to follow

http://instagram.com/robinho21

Some of the machinery there was just amazing and included :

Ferraris from 246 to LaFerrari including 308GT4s, 328s, 355s, 360s, 430s, 458s, FF and F12.

Lamborghini Countach, Murcielago, Diablo, Gallardo and Aventador.

Plenty of 911s including GT2, GT3, RS and Turbos.

Several Nissan GTRs including one at 900bhp !

Mentalist motors like Caterhams, KTMs, Atoms

Astons - DB9s, Vantage V8s and V12s

Audi R 8s and RS6s

AMG SLS, C63 and my 650bhp CLS.

Maserati GranTourismo and Spider

Cobras and Shelby Mustang

Jag FTypes, XKRs and a lovely XK120

All told approx 100 cars on track over the day let out twelve at a time. The track was a large part of the TG track and passengers paid £35 a time for three laps. The driving was shall we say "competitive" but great fun :)

The CLS did well all day and attracted loads of attention largely because it was so incongruous and people loved both the noise and the fact that on the straight bits it was one if the fastest cars of the day hitting 130 on the back straight :) I lapped all day long with the highlight perhaps being overtaking a 911Turbo with three passengers on board :) managed to eat a set if tyres and need new pads too but boy was it worth it !

Not just great fun but worthwhile too as the event raised £85 ,000 for The Children's Trust charity.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,300 Posts
that sounds like a cracking day out! :)

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
A definite for next year. One of the guys from the club (Club Scud) well he was until banned :lol: is one of the main organisers IIRC. Richard with the Ferrari 308GT4. I think there was one or two others from there too.
I will go next year, it'l be a priority.

A set of pads and tyres :wow: It's very decent of you to give up your time and money (quite a bit for tyres I'd wager). :thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A definite for next year. One of the guys from the club (Club Scud) well he was until banned :lol: is one of the main organisers IIRC. Richard with the Ferrari 308GT4. I think there was one or two others from there too.

I will go next year, it'l be a priority.

A set of pads and tyres :wow: It's very decent of you to give up your time and money (quite a bit for tyres I'd wager). :thumbs:

Yes Malc Richard was there and his GT4 was very much in evidence. Top bloke and a lovely car. A big turnout from Club Scud and of all the Fezzas there my favourites were the 355Spider and the 360CS. You should come and drive next year.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Though he's a friend on Facebook and we have spoke via the medium of the interweb, I have only actually seen him at an open day many years back at Maranellos in Egham, Surrey.
I've actually never spoken to him directly. Internet is strange thing..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts