Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I'm hoping that the club will be booking into this event in 2014?
Last year it vanished from the AOC events calendar, :confused: But I had committed - so I will outline what y'all missed in the hope that there will be more enthusiasm this year.
Firstly, forget the charity event label. It's not cream teas in aid of the Church spire fund.
If you are into aircraft there were the usual main event fly-ins: BoB flight, Vulcan, Red Arrows, Swordfish, wingwalkers. Also Hunter, flying models, glider aerobatics etc. etc.
On day 1 gripping displays in appalling visibility by a WW2 Curtiss Hawk and a Mitchell bomber also a modern Chinook helicopter. (please don't inform the CAA!)
Cars? What's-a your-a bag? (Italian/American Mafiaspeak) Classic UK or USA, Vintage or veteran, Milkfloats. Aero-engined monsters or Custom rods, cars and trucks.
Military? 2x1 and 4x4, 6x4, 6x6 and halftrack trucks of all types and living dioramas of WW2 trenchlife.
Motorcycles? Many, mainly classic. two wheels and three. Utility, sports and competition.
:thumbs: 2 days for 2 people for fifteen quid all in for 'exhibiting club' members and the opportunity to max it along the main runway and blow the cobwebs? from your engine is worth the spit and polish to showcase your Alfa in the public domain, in my opinion.
Perhaps I need to visit a well known optician but, apart from mine, I only saw four Alfas at the whole event - and they were all sulking in the public car park!
If anyone is considering attending I would post a link to some pix (worth 1000 words they say)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts