Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Administrator
86,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched IT on DVD tonight :cool: I hadn't seen it in more than 10 years I'd say. Seeing as it's Halloween I though it would be the appropriate time to start a Stephen King thread :EVIL2:

I'm a huge Stephen King fan :BOW: The books are excellent but many of the films & mini-series are also excellent :thumbs: A few of my favourites are :

Rose Red
Storm of the Century
Salem's Lot
The Stand

Just seen that some more of his books are currently being developed for films & mini-series such as The Dark Tower :cool: The Talisman & Black House :thumbs:

Stephen King (I)

So who else is a fan :)

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I just commented on another thread that IT freaked me out.

So was it freaky or has it aged badly.?

As for Steven King appreciation........ HELL NO! The mans nuts.

·
Administrator
86,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still slight freaky for me but probably more down to the fact that I read the book when young & I still recall that for more of the details, some of the special effects haven't aged well though :(

IT looks like it might be about to get a remake as a film or mini-series according to IMDB but there are no details listed

D

·
0 Posts
David, have you read 'Heart Shaped Box' by Joe Hill, Steven Kings son? One of the best horror storie's I've ever read, really cracking read that, :thumbs: Give it a go sometime, it's cheap off the internet.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
I remember watching Sleepwalkers as a youngster :cool:

The book thinner was good too. I have read load of his books but most of them haven't stuck in my mind like thinner :confused:

·
Administrator
86,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't know he had a son who wrote. I'll keep that in mind Darren :thumbs:
I'm almost finished the last of The Dark Tower books :cry:

J

·
0 Posts
i love his books, the films lose something in the translation, but that could be due to my imagination and interpretation of the book....

My favourite is Christine

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Stephen king also wrote another couple of books under another name didn't he :confused:

EDIT: Just googled it - Richard Bachman

D

·
0 Posts
I didn't know he had a son who wrote. I'll keep that in mind Darren :thumbs:
I'm almost finished the last of The Dark Tower books :cry:
I think he goes by Joe Hill as not to be associated with his old mans works or something, :confused: Don't think he's had a great deal of work out though.

Basically the book's about an old rocker who buys weird old crap, one of the bits he buys is a ghost off the internet, I'll leave it at that, it's AMAZING! :D

·
Administrator
86,494 Posts

·
Administrator
45,074 Posts
If you've read the book 'It', it makes the film seem ridiculously normal. It is properly freaky.

Dunno whether this thread stems from me quoting Pennywise the other day in another thread, but I've just been thinking of re-visiting Stephen Kings books, having not read them for years. I would like to re-read It and see if it's as bizarre as I remember.
But I'm currently reading through all of the Discworld books preparatory to reading the new one, so it'll be a few weeks before I get the chance!

Dean Koontz is another one worth visiting if you do like King, by the way.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Love SK's writing.
My favourite is 'Needful Things'. Describes the transformation of normal people into absolute monsters - provoked by greed.
Was on tv recently but didn't watch it.

·
Administrator
86,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you've read the book 'It', it makes the film seem ridiculously normal. It is properly freaky.

Dunno whether this thread stems from me quoting Pennywise the other day in another thread, but I've just been thinking of re-visiting Stephen Kings books, having not read them for years. I would like to re-read It and see if it's as bizarre as I remember.
But I'm currently reading through all of the Discworld books preparatory to reading the new one, so it'll be a few weeks before I get the chance!

Dean Koontz is another one worth visiting if you do like King, by the way.
As I said above I probably took some of the extra info from the book into consideration when watching the film. I must read the book again, probably 15+ years since I did

And no you are not taking any credit for this thread :mad: :rant: :mad: :lol:
I've been meaning to start this one for a while now as I'm just about to finish The Dark Series :cool: :BOW:

"The Talisman" & "Black House" ( Read them in that order ) are both also excellent & were written as a collaboration between King & Peter Struab.

I've read a load of Dean Koontz Dean Koontz Website, Suspense novel - Dean Koontz - The Official Site books & he is definitely in the same league Stephen King :thumbs:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i love stephen king...my all time fave is The Stand closely followed by The Talisman once i start reading i cant put them down, have just read those two books again and am now reading Pet Semetary, have loads of SK books and was thinkin of getting rid as they are all really old..just like me :lol: but have started to read them again.

I love Dean Koontz too and Clive Barker and Peter Straub....in fact i just love reading and feel lost if i havnt got a book in my hand..:)

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
got the whole series of Dark Tower for my sons birthday so am gonna read them again too....so many books, so little time:)

·
Administrator
86,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IT looks like it might be about to get a remake as a film or mini-series according to IMDB but there are no details listed
I read elsewhere yesterday that "IT" & "Pet Sematary" are both in development for remakes, hope they do a good job :thumbs:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
better than the job they did last time i hope:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts