Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I'm Lorenzo from Belgium. I'm 23 and just bought an Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 16V. This car needs body and engine work. I've bought it because I immediately fell in love with this car when I saw it.

This car was abandonned in a luxury cars garage. I was feeling pain and sadness seeing this car outside with flat tyres and rust. It was maybe a crazy thing to buy this car but I'm ok with it, even if a lot of people told me not to do it. I'm turning her alive again and it warms my heart.

This 33 is black has a the body kit, Zender wheels, a sunroof and a "brand new looking" Recaro interior.

It's my first Alfa and I immediately fell with Alfas do have a soul. It can't be explained but you feel it.

This car had a blocked engine when I bought it and rust in some places. (I will post pictures)

I stripped out the engine and made a nice discovery... A piston ripped a cylinder. I had to get another block and a now head so I decided to get another engine. It was a good choice because it will make a few spare parts. After a long research I finally found an engine.

After that I had to find a rear panel because mine was rusted from the left light to the right. As it was not possible to find a new panel or an used one without rust, I managed to buy another 33 (1.3) to get this rear panel.

Now I just cut and welded this rear panel and i'm waiting my valve guides (really difficult to find) to get the cylinder heads overhauled by a professional.

It's nice to find a forum like yours especially for a new Alfa owner!

Lorenzo.

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts