Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started out looking for a 159 a few weeks back, and just cant seem to get what i want!

Finally found a 2008 2.4 Ti Q4, but due to personal circumstances i wasn't able to get finances sorted in time to meet the buyers needs

I have now been accepted for a very good finance offer, but they will only finance a car from a dealer, not a private buyer which rules out the original car

I want something with the following:

Under 40k miles
FSH
Ideally some warranty on it (most dealers give 12 months anyway)
2.4JDTM Ti spec
Black leather (not natrual/tan)
Want something with xenons, or at least auto lights/wipers
Manual box

Seems to be that everything i look at either has no toys, or has all the toys i want but a Q-Tronic auto box which i'm not keen on

Anyone able to help me!?

·
Registered
363 Posts
What he said, but with Tan interior for me :thumbs:

It'll come eventually. If they were ten a penny we wouldn't want one would we!

Shame about the previous deal that couldn't happen.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention that I'm after a red one :) a little bit pricey for me at 15k was thinking more along the lines of 12k at the most.

You should go for one of those! Tan is the future!
I've driven that 1st one, and although it was lovely, i know i'd get sick of the tan very quickly

There is a red one with tan somewhere, but it's about £15k as well

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've driven that 1st one, and although it was lovely, i know i'd get sick of the tan very quickly

There is a red one with tan somewhere, but it's about £15k as well
Think I've seen that one. Very nice example. It's a Q-Tronic aswell I think.

Why would you 'get sick' of the tan? Cleaning it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Started out looking for a 159 a few weeks back, and just cant seem to get what i want!

Finally found a 2008 2.4 Ti Q4, but due to personal circumstances i wasn't able to get finances sorted in time to meet the buyers needs

I have now been accepted for a very good finance offer, but they will only finance a car from a dealer, not a private buyer which rules out the original car

I want something with the following:

Under 40k miles
FSH
Ideally some warranty on it (most dealers give 12 months anyway)
2.4JDTM Ti spec
Black leather (not natrual/tan)
Want something with xenons, or at least auto lights/wipers
Manual box

Seems to be that everything i look at either has no toys, or has all the toys i want but a Q-Tronic auto box which i'm not keen on

Anyone able to help me!?
whats your budget bud? have you tried piston heads? autotrader?
i went and looked at one today but it was a bit pricey.
i am looking for an auto ti, check out what i am about to write on any dealings with veloces in london.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I've seen that one. Very nice example. It's a Q-Tronic aswell I think.

Why would you 'get sick' of the tan? Cleaning it?
No it's just that i prefer the black leather and would begin to wish it was black instead of tan after a while

whats your budget bud? have you tried piston heads? autotrader?
i went and looked at one today but it was a bit pricey.
i am looking for an auto ti, check out what i am about to write on any dealings with veloces in london.
I've been down to Veloces, seemed like nice guys but a lot of people on here don't seem to agree :confused:

Plenty of nice auto's out there by the looks of it, i just prefer a stick

·
Registered
74 Posts
No it's just that i prefer the black leather and would begin to wish it was black instead of tan after a while

I've been down to Veloces, seemed like nice guys but a lot of people on here don't seem to agree :confused:

Plenty of nice auto's out there by the looks of it, i just prefer a stick
Veloces treated me well i just thought the prices were a little steep especialy for the non Ti's

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ps it has to be autos as i am on m25 twice a week 3 hours of clutch on a bad day kills me
Ye i used to have a DSG box in my Audi which was great, but because the Alfa is a full auto with the paddles to shift, it's just not as smooth as the Audi and puts me off

·
Registered
199 Posts
i was after a red Ti spec 159 and preferred the alfa badge stitched (or embossed i think) on the leather seats but i couldn't find one within price range. The looks of it and spec makes such cars like 159 especially Ti a rarity and i remembered saying if all else fails i'd be happy with a grey one and that's exactly what happened after a year of on and off searching, got a grey 159 Turismo. 40k to 60k miles on the clock is nothing for a diesel but just ensuring its well maintained/serviced is important. now i'm not bothered its ti or not, because when i see that badge, i know i have something really special and it's just fab :thumbs:

just keep on top of it and check every week and look nationally if you are able to travel any distance and hopefully you'll find what you're after. good luck :thumbs:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And are "front/passenger heated seats" going to be the electric memory seats as well? Or just heated but manually adjustable?

·
Registered
963 Posts
There seems to be a wide variety of different list options around, albeit on not too many available cars. I think mine's a decent example - red 1.9 Ti with black leather.

It has a visibility pack as an option. I'm not quite sure what that includes, but it has the auto-dimming mirror, auto lights and autowipers.

The seats are heated and manually adjustable, but with no memory!

Pity you're after a 2.4 otherwise it would tick most of the boxes - 2008 and just crossed 45,000 miles today. It has had the AHM treatment though so it is now a 2.4 at stock ;)

I need an SW. Made a mistake getting the saloon before really thinking about what I needed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts