Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow alfaheds,
At last my 147 runs and drives again, only took 28 days, due to a certain salvage breakers who took my money for a replacement engine and never delivered the goods ( please please fellow alfaheds have nothing to do with kikby car breakers (liverpool) found via findaengine.co.uk, they are absolutley useless and ignore all phone calls and email requests) hopefully i will get my money back as it is in the hands of the credit card company now, ( but i dont get the interest charged) learn from your mistakes as my parents said to me. ( but at least i can help other people not to make the same pitfalls. (this is not libel as these are the facts), but the goods news is my friendly Alfa specialst ( Nigel at NE vehicle repairs plymouth) has fixed the old girl and she seems better then ever ( got replacement engine from Sherborn breakers , Leeds way, very good service) so in the month i have been off the road, i have had 2 fiestas ( new shape one very good) and a test day in a MiTo,very nice too, also got an Alfa wave whilst in the MiTo, think i scared the bloke!!!! thanks for all the support comments previously sent.,,,,,, take it easy out there zedhed.

·
Vendor
46,983 Posts
Congrats, I'm glad its back on the road - another one saved :thumbs:

Funny you mention Sherburn Motor Spares, thats where my engine came from and the previous owner who was the one who had them source and fit the engine had pretty much nothing good to say about them. Leaky cam cover gasket p*ssed oil all over the belts which cost him another belt change, etc etc. Obviously they did a better job than Kikby as the engine is still working but he had nowt good to say about them as I said, and it cost him a lot of money to put right their mistakes.

G

·
Welcome Zed.

I have not used NE vehicle but have heard good stories about them, glad they were able to sort you out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome Zed.

I have not used NE vehicle but have heard good stories about them, glad they were able to sort you out.
Hi jay, yeah i have used him for years especially when i had my fiat, he is cheaper then vospers and a little more expensive then normal garages, but he does know his Alfa stuff, and the quality of work is always good as Nige oversees or does the work himself, the only down side is that he is always busy ,so you dont always get your car back when you need it.mine has just gone in for a crank case sensor, which is really annoying after having off the road for a month prior, getting a bit fed up with the old girl now, so may have to be a for sale sign soon on her!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts