Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes my car is back on the road with a recon engine,many thanks to auto lusso.i arrived there late friday(21.00)hrs and they had it ready for monday although i counldnt pick it up till later in the week.seems like too many gtv s are heading for the scrap heap but not this one yet!:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't forget the 2,000 mile run in, having mine fettled at the weekend for +3,000rpm fun again - boy it's been a long time tootling along with corsa's passing me!:eek::rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no had the cambelt done by alfaworkshop 8 months ago.it had done 95000 and was well serviced.gonig back to auto lusso next week for the 500 mile oil change and will ask then.i know what you mean about tootling along as i went done to devon well within the speed limit,lol!i thought it was 1000 miles run in?

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Don't forget the accepted way to run in was to progressively increase revs, load and time at that load (and not to lug the engine with too few revs).

·
Registered
103 Posts
depends who does it, I had Sherburn in Leeds do mine, they replace the oil etc. at 2,000 and give a further 4,000 warranty or 6 months which ever the sooner after the 2,000 mile fettle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts