Alfa Romeo Forum banner

The perfect car for me???

Tags
perfect
1K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  G5een 
G
#1 ·
As a few of you will know I have chopped and changed my Alfas a bit in the last year or two in a desperate attempt to find the right car. The GT I'm currently driving is by far the most handsome car I have ever owned. The looks and comments it gets makes every journey worthwhile but the JTS engine is really failing to inspire me. I miss the Twinspark in comparison.....sometimes I wish I'd just kept the GTV Twinnie which is the car overall I have most enjoyed (although the most problematic). Maybe I should go for a GTV V6 and be done with it (I suppose I could go for a phase 3 if I could find one). No more piddling around with 2.0 engines and thinking of fuel costs. Shall I go for it?

Anyone thinking of selling their minter in order to buy a GT? We could do a deal ;)

G
#3 ·
Yep no time to mess about. Just got to sell the GT in order to do it which is easier said than done

I'm really trying my best to like the 2.0JTS engine but can't seem to. Even a re-map I've been advised is hardly worth it. If only I could have afforded a GT with a V6 I'd have probably have had a car to keep for many years to come. Oh well. Having the GT 2.0 JTS is like having a stunning looking woman who isn't quite all there :lol:

#4 ·
With the current cost of petrol there could be a few people with 3.2 GT's willing to swap.

G
#6 ·
Very true

Already had a chat with one lads off here about an exchange with his 147 GTA but I need to think lower in price in order to sort out some finances to enable me to afford to run a V6 without any worries hence why the GTV tops my list. Could go for the 156 GTA but the looks of the 156 come in well below the GTV and 147 for me personally.

Just wish I'd done it in the first place but the looks of the GT just drew me in :lol:

#22 ·
I love it :)
Only ever drove the 1.8 twinnie in a 156 and wasn't too impressed.

The 2.0 JTS in the SW is a nice balance of frugality :D power :) and power delivery :cool:

#12 ·
Love it!

I came from having a bmw 2.5L six pot (although i did briefly dabble with a honda civic 1.6 sohc, that suked) and I have to say that the 2.0L JTS in my 156 is much sweeter and has plenty of power though the range (the beemer was useless until about 3000rpm). having driven a old 2.0 twinny 156 the JTS seems to have all the same character but with more low end grunt. At least its a good match for the old 156.

#13 ·
I agree, low end grunt and above 5K loads of power. But the only other Alfa I've driven is a 1.9 jtdm 159 so it's not an exhaustive survey.

G
#18 ·
It's more the fuel I am concerned about. The GT costs me £40-£50 a week due to all of my journies being short ones aound the City throughout the day. The longest run I do is 15 miles up to Mansfield a couple of times a week

#21 ·
My 2.2 JTS has a lot more low end grunt than my GTV 2.0TS. You need a lot less revs at take off. But the TS was probably a few mpg more efficient - though my 2.2 is not worn in completely.

The 2.2 JTS is a great engine other than the poor throttle map which will be fixed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.