Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's pictured in Autoexpress this week & it's stunning:wow:

Along with the Insignia VXR, Opel / Vauxhall are building some seriously good looking cars at the moment (Evo love their Insignia VXR).

Alfa, you could easily turn the Giulietta into a desirable 3 door / coupe so get on with it:mad:

There's no picture on the AE website at the moment but for sure I'll be pawing over the GTC at Geneva (after I've finished swilling champers on the Ferrari, Maserati & Alfa stands that is):)

Cheers,

N

·
0 Posts
All these hatch/coupes seem to look like far east Brera knock-offs.
A la Megane Coupe....

:lol:

3-Door Coupe based on the Giulietta would make sense.
Cheap to develop too. (Like the GT ;))

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Hmm, looks a bit like a Kia Cee'd... But then everything does these days. :(

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Looks gash! Plus one seat is red and black and then the other is black and red, icky poo :tut:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, scrub the concept coloured seats, if Alfa were building something similar we'd all be excited:rolleyes:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
because alfa would make it look nice?
Like the MiTo & Guilietta you mean:lol:

We had a number of Vauxhall's and the were great. A brilliant local dealer too.

Our 3 door Astra SRi with the Irmscher Sport Pack (2000 on an X plate) was a cracking car.

Our neighbour's Insignia is also a quality bit of kit. The VRX version is a caged animal:wow:

M

·
0 Posts
the insignia is a very good car, technically.

Its ugly as sin though.

No comment re; the Mito and Giulietta from me ;) :lol:

·
Administrator
46,137 Posts
I thought that looked rank. And then I saw the interior, and realised that actually the exterior looks merely ugly relatively speaking.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I think it's alright, it remeinds me of the Seat Leon. I'm hot a big fan of hatchbacks and i hate the insignia so i was expecting worse after reading this thread

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Looks gash! Plus one seat is red and black and then the other is black and red, icky poo :tut:
What he said, looks a bit SEATish from the side, from the front looks like they are following the scirocco.

P.S. Motor shows are **** and champagne smells and tastes like bottled farts :p

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Only going to be FWD not 4WD like the Insignia :(

Waiting to try it out at the VXR Trackday

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had the old Astra VXR which was mad . Very quick in a straight line and a real handful in every other department, but it was loads of fun just a little grey inside . Vauxhalls range of cars are all pretty good looking in my opinion . there isnt a dog amongst the whole range really .

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I concur Vauxhall/Opal = Mundain, But, VXR/OPC = Fun

I had one of the first Corsa VXR's, remapped to 235bhp, 0 to 62 in 6.4 sec, well balanced and ideal for the track, owned it for 3 years, what a joy!

Had a play with the Insignia VXR (Estate version) at Rockingham and fell in love but a lot of money!

Would dearly love a VXR8 Bathurst 6.2Lt V8 - The only 'Vauxhall' JC likes :thumbs: - What a beast (only ever driven them on tracks though, never on the public roads!)

Undesided by the pic's, waiting to try out the New Astra VXR on track before I pass verdict!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts