Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a demo for 24 hours at the moment and it has the new carbon fibre seats..

They look :inlove: :cool:

but feel :cry:

They are too high in my opinion and you can't adjust the height. But more importantly they are a bit bloody uncomfortable. Maybe I just need to get used to them but at the moment I'm not really impressed. :(

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No no, the quality is stunning, they just have a weird arch in the back centre section which sticks out. It's like having a lumbar support fully extended. I'll get some snaps of the car later, but other than the seats I love it. :inlove:

·
Registered
150 Posts
i saw some in a cloverleaf at my local dealers and yes they do look fantastic but the dealer said he thought they were very uncomfortable too

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I thought they were great & the driving position nigh on perfect:)

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My gf thinks they are bloody uncomfortable too. If you recline them back a bit they are a little better but still, quite unimpressed. Especially as they are a £2000 option! :eek:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
They do look ace.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I sat in a Cloverleaf with the Sabelt seats last weekend, and my impression was thus:

Driving position = Much better! The 'standard' seats locate you slightly to the left of the steering wheel which is annoying. Comfort wise, not all that great. But then they are probably great for track (if you like that kind of thing) as they were very supportive.

I couldn't live with them, but they were stunning to look at.

Pic here:

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac323/arapoda/DSC_0006-2.jpg

C

·
0 Posts
My local dealer has a new QV in stock and it doesn't have the carbon seats in, but these look like they have alcantara/cloth mix. Car was locked (maybe sold) so I couldn't get too close a look.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Drove one with them, loved it. Will be spec'ing them on my Cloverleaf/QV if I go for a new car. :D

Understand that they are bucket seats though, and are built for lateral support and feedback first, and comfort second. They won't be as comfortable as the "armchair" sports seats, but then it depends what you want. I hate having to hold myself into a car by gripping the steering wheel ever tighter when pressing on through the twisties, so they're exactly what I want. Oh, and they look gorgeous! :inlove:

Incidentally, how did you go about arranging a 24hour test drive? I've had around an hours drive from a dealer, and it was good, but still there is only so much you can cover in an hour. It'd be nice to do the work commute, and have a few backroad blasts on my own in one. Also, nice to then see how the real-world economy works out etc etc. I was thinking of asking for a 24/48hr test drive from the dealer that took me out, but didn't know whether they would cater for it, or whether it would be worth contacting Alfa UK HO first...

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Incidentally, how did you go about arranging a 24hour test drive? I've had around an hours drive from a dealer, and it was good, but still there is only so much you can cover in an hour. It'd be nice to do the work commute, and have a few backroad blasts on my own in one. Also, nice to then see how the real-world economy works out etc etc. I was thinking of asking for a 24/48hr test drive from the dealer that took me out, but didn't know whether they would cater for it, or whether it would be worth contacting Alfa UK HO first...
I just told the dealer that I wanted one. You can not test drive a car properly in one hour. No way.

This car has 29.5 MPG over the last 1169 miles it's covered.

I would definitely not spec the car with these seats...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
yer ok its probably not a sensible move to actualy buy them being 10% of the total car cost, however i say if they will make you that little bit more happy over the time you own the car, go for it. plus they look awsome and will make any 1 driving a fiesta/mini/A1/DS3/focus ST etc etc that little more more jelous that they should of bought an alfa :)

Im trying hard not to go look at them in a showroom, or I will go and impulse buy them i know it! :)

will help you sell the car when you go to eventualy also.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just told the dealer that I wanted one. You can not test drive a car properly in one hour. No way.

This car has 29.5 MPG over the last 1169 miles it's covered.

I would definitely not spec the car with these seats...
I totally agree.

And things like the seats might wear off after living with them for a day or two.

Did your dealer actually have one in stock with the Sabelts, or did they get one from UK stock?

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I totally agree.

And things like the seats might wear off after living with them for a day or two.

Did your dealer actually have one in stock with the Sabelts, or did they get one from UK stock?
It's Western Alfa Edinburgh's brand new demo.

Frankly I couldn't care how amazing they look, if they are unfortable then I just couldn't live with them.. It's frustrating though as there wouldn't need to much difference in the moulding to make them comfortable, I think maybe the back support is over stuffed.

I had a friend in the back last night though and he really isnt into his cars and he was like Woah!!! are those seats carbon fibre?!!! :cool:

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's Western Alfa Edinburgh's brand new demo.

Frankly I couldn't care how amazing they look, if they are unfortable then I just couldn't live with them.. It's frustrating though as there wouldn't need to much difference in the moulding to make them comfortable, I think maybe the back support is over stuffed.

I had a friend in the back last night though and he really isnt into his cars and he was like Woah!!! are those seats carbon fibre?!!! :cool:
Well weirdly I had an email come through today from Alfa Customer Services about my test drive request and so i rang them up requesting an extended text drive, and mentioned the seats particularly for this reason. They're goong to contact the dealers near me on my behalf and get me one for a day or two. Im hoping they do agree with me!

·
Administrator
87,044 Posts
will help you sell the car when you go to eventualy also.
Or perhaps have the complete opposite effect if they get a reputation of being all about form & not function ;)

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Switched the cars back over this morning and a massive thank you to Euan at Western. My GTA seats are far more comfy :inlove:

Anyway some shots of the car...

Test driving the Arbarth next....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 67 Posts