Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What do you think of the new KnightRider Series

• Complete Muck

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Low Grade Manure

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A Mustang? really? did they watch the original series?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was violently ill after watching this tripe.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • How? Why? would Val Kilmer be associated with this crap?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yet another classic piece of TV has been revamped for the modern age. So what do ya think of it?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
watched 15 mins of it on tuesday when it was first shown ... gave up ... recorded it last night (for some reason my V+ won't series link the showing on Tuesday and more worryingly won't series link Dollhouse either!)

going to give it another go ... but it is terrible ... can cope with it being a 'Stang ... but some of the special effects were dire and some of the acting was so bad they wouldn't have passed auditions for a B-Movie

at the moment it's questionable whether there is a season 2 ... I do know they did a slight reboot or something during season 1 as it was going so bad and in the end they reduced the series to 16 or 17 episodes instead of the normal 22-24 of a US series !

I'll vote once I've watched the 1st ep again ... but i don't expect it to be good

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
It was bad, really bad, so bad it was actually a bit funny.

Then again..

I was a big, big, fan of the original series, but if you re-watch it without the rose tinted glasses of youth, you can find that actually it was a bit rubbish too. (ducks)

(was it really 25 years ago, now I'm depressed)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Haven't seen it but my guess is that it will be total crap.

Marksie is right, you tend to remember the original series as being great but in fact it was total crap as well. Still, I liked it at the time though. Great theme tune.

P

·
0 Posts
The original was bad enough, but was must be watched car crash material.

I didn't even know a new series had been done :eek:

N

·
0 Posts
Saw the start of the pilot last year. (It was free on iTunes.)

:tut:

Carbage. (As was the original TBH.)

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Tuesdays and Thursday nights on the Sci Fi channel

just watched the rest of it from the other night and it's terrible ... going to cancel the series link !

not one of the best remakes in the world

V

·
0 Posts
havent seen it and dont think i'll bother looks like it will be complete crap

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Ar5e gravy of the lowest caliber.:rant:

Even worse than the original (except, as has been mentioned, at least the car itself is decent, not that piece-of-tin Firebird... )

Don't even go there....

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the one thing that really troubles me about the Mustang in this new series, is that rear spoiler, its just wrong!:lol:

Plus every scene with the car driving was CGI, now if you've got a real car and you live in America, how hard would it be to drive down an open road? why do you need to waste the money by doing this thru CGI badly?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
the one thing that really troubles me about the Mustang in this new series, is that rear spoiler, its just wrong!:lol:
Well, yeah, that stupid double wing... but that's part of the CG, obviously...

Not even a Saxo boi would be puttin anything as pants as that on a car! :lol:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Just watched it and quite liked it. Will watch it again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts