Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Less boxy. Good evolution.

I like it.

:thumbs:

The Panda will be built in the former Alfa Romeo plant of Pomigliano d'Arco, near Naples, in Italy, instead of in Tychy, Poland, where the car is currently produced.

·
Registered
45,393 Posts
That looks great :thumbs: Slight concern about the front... looks a bit too Citroen Saxo for comfort ! :eek::lol:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Looks more like a facelift than a 'new' car to me...

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
doesn't look hugely different - wonder will there be a 100HP version:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not keen at all....way too boxy!
Remember it is replacing the current Panda, which is even more boxy ;)

Looks more like a facelift than a 'new' car to me...
Not one part carried over apparently, and as usual, is slightly larger than the outgoing model

I've not kept up to date with factories - Pomigliano used to build the 159 I think, and now this, so where are current and future Alfas (to be) built?
Thats right, no more 159s. It previously made the 156 147 and GT. Fiat have invested £750m to bring it up to "World class" status (about time!!).
Currently, the 2 Alfa models are made in Mirafiori (Mito) and Cassino (Giulietta)
doesn't look hugely different - wonder will there be a 100HP version:confused:
A turbo twin air has been mentioned, as has an Arbarth...

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I really like it but then my current fav Panda is the Tonka version of the 4x4:inlove:

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Thats right, no more 159s. It previously made the 156 147 and GT. Fiat have invested £750m to bring it up to "World class" status (about time!!).
Currently, the 2 Alfa models are made in Mirafiori (Mito) and Cassino (Giulietta)
Cheers - I guess/hope that Mirafiori has upped its game then, given past criticism; possibly the same for Pom to finally get its refit.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Are Fiat learning at last? If you have a successful model, then keep the name and subtly evolve the design; change it enough to make it significantly different to the old car, whilst keeping some of its' identifying features so people still know what it is (obvious example with this car is the odd rear 1/4 window).
It's worth mentioning that the launch of this car has been delayed by a year, and Fiat have some serious ground to make up in Europe.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It has been delayed, I read by 2 years. However, the Panda is still Europes best selling car in its segment. Also Fiats lifecycle prediction for the Panda was to shift 1.2m units. It actually ended up selling more than 2m units.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i don't get it. it's a perfectly reasonable looking thing but if you stuck a nissan badge on the nose, nobody on here would be paying it the blindest bit of attention :confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.