Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155, 166 & MiTo
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was my 166's first attempt at the NCT since I added Xenon kits to the headlights and .... it passed! :D

Variator

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
So did mine when I had one, and so did the Spider.. HID's are fine, if they are in a projector housing.
They don't work properly in a reflector housing, as the beams can't be focused..

·
Registered
66 Posts
So did mine when I had one, and so did the Spider.. HID's are fine, if they are in a projector housing.
They don't work properly in a reflector housing, as the beams can't be focused..
166 have projector housings in all models ? it that right ?Looks like a big bulb ? Just put a HID and your done ?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
..lads the aftermarket HIDs will work ok in as far as the cut-off is sharp so you won't dazzle on-coming traffic, but the beam that's thrown onto the ground below the cut-off is far from perfect. The housing is designed for a regular H7 bulb, and the HID capsule doesn't sit at the exact focal point like the H7, which means you'll get suck-outs and hot spots in the beam pattern.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Have mine in a few weeks too,have a split steering rack boot though.Apparently they are €90 a pair.Would I get away with a bit of mastic do ye reckon?People get away with taping up cracked bumpers and lights.Is it worth a go?I'd rather spend the money on a new heater blower..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have mine in a few weeks too,have a split steering rack boot though.Apparently they are €90 a pair.Would I get away with a bit of mastic do ye reckon?People get away with taping up cracked bumpers and lights.Is it worth a go?I'd rather spend the money on a new heater blower..
Who quoted you 90notes a pair? WWW. firstline .co.uk E25.00 + E8.00 pp a pair. They are easy to change and cheaper then a retest. :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Good to know..It was a mechanic friend,might have been main dealer prices.Use EBspares mostly,didn't see them on their site though..Cheers fella,I'll have a crack at them next weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts