Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be fair the NCT get's enough of it's fair share of bad press. But I have to say I couldn't fault the chap in Little island today was very polite and took his time testing the car and was very careful with it. It only failed on the Airbag light which I knew it was going to, waiting on a part for it so said I'd lash it through anyway.

So for me anyway I'm a happy customer :D

Damien.

·
Administrator
87,317 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be fair to the chap he even adjusted the headlights so that they would pass what a sound chap. I think it was the car being minty clean helped. I know we hear a lot of bad press about the NCT but they need to be praised when they do it right too and give a good customer service.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have to admit that although I have heard loads of bad stories I have never actually had a bad experience at a NCT centre myself...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here too to be honest. The only one that was annoying was the tester wanted to replace the clutch pedal rubber as it was worn according to him got it sorted and it was fine.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hope I have as good an experience there next week, have my GT booked in for it's test on Friday week. Keeping every limb crossed untill then even though the car is fine I still think they'll come up with some crap just to fail it :(

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thankfully there was nothing wrong with the 166 bar the airbag light which I already knew was going to fail on so happy days, it even past the emmisions not a bother :D

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Mostly good.experience in Drogheda too. The guy who did the 33 and the Leon this year was a legend. Took him 10 minutes to.find the emisions sweetspot on the Leon.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's good to hear some good feedback imo. They get enough of bad press on car forums but I couldn't fault the last two chaps that have tested the Alfa's.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Although I've only been to the NCT centre 3 times in my driving career, I've had some good experience and some fella even complementing the interior of the 156.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I honestly think if you have a clean car it makes a big bitta difference to the impression the tester gets of the car. The engine in the 166 is mint and the exterior was compound polished and the wheels cleaned and tyres painted so it was immaculate inside and out.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Id be inclined to agree about the way the car is presented. I think the attitude of the owner also has a lot.to.do.with the overall experience. I go in knowing its going to fail but not giving a ******. Makes for a happy fail sheet!

Apologies for the typing. I may or may.not be drunk.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I blame the dog to be honest frank for your drunkeness :p

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Frank celebrating your exam results or did you BBQ the Sud?

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Fwank , I teenk iz dwunk :cweesh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts