Alfa Romeo Forum banner
41 - 60 of 246 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
MOT due tomorrow so everything crossed ! ....broke down on Erskine Bridge on Sunday night , ground to a halt with MCSF ...managed to get home in limp mode in one piece but was a rather frighting experience. 2 lanes no hard shoulder sitting half inch from barrier .....with a few near misses from rush hour traffic. Read some threads and cleaned MAP ....1st time fix :) ....so far so good .!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Defo still attending, however car's an embarresment at the moment, and hitting my pocket with things like a new ball joint, front flexi pipe. I am hoping to get the rear bumper re-sprayed before the meet as its been scuffed badly :cry:

Stll, Chin up eh...:thumbs:
My grumble list is growing rapidly. Rear bumper is damaged , looks like a fridge or the like has been allowed to drop out the boot. Has been touched up but still ugly. Fellow member quoted me £270 approx to fit. This guy is a magician when it comes to bodywork repair. Have a standard door ding on drivers door and a smaller one to the rear. Think I will need to live with them. I have a slow self sinking driver seat ....not a big issue but now and again I forget and find myself on the floor. Stonechips galore ...Have chipex just need a sunny warm day....:cheese: Scratched windscreen ....been using rubbing compound , will probably get rid of scratches by 2015.

New new tyres ....all of the above parked for a least six months ....!!! and whatever else comes out of the MOT tomorrow....:eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yikes ........no change in numbers from last week , event is an opportunity to share tips and good chat ....all GTs welcome .....:)

· Registered
876 Posts
Yikes ........no change in numbers from last week , event is an opportunity to share tips and good chat ....all GTs welcome .....:)
+1....

This will be an excellent meet, and as highlighted GT's owners are encouraged to come along to show off / talk about / admire other GT's....:D

So pencil the day/s in your diary, bring the family / girlfriend if you need to and give the GT agood run out :lol:

:thumbs:

· Registered
Gt 3.2 V6
434 Posts
Ok all booked up, staying at the ibis 19th 20th then on to spring alfa day on the sunday, looking forward to it:D I'm gonna pm a few GT owner's that I know hoping to get the numbers up

G

·
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Ok all booked up, staying at the ibis 19th 20th then on to spring alfa day on the sunday, looking forward to it:D I'm gonna pm a few GT owner's that I know hoping to get the numbers up
Excellent Tom , looking forward to meeting everyone ........:thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Worth pointing out to all interested ....some guys including myself are making a weekend out of the meet travelling on Sunday morning to the Spring Alfa Day ...Please note if you only wish to come for the GT meet on the Friday night or Saturday morning you are more than welcome. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Is the actual run on the 20th?
Yes Paul ...run on the 20th .....run route is not set in stone as yet , hoping to get a couple of suggestions from locals. Original plan was a drive down the promenade in Blackpool , also had an idea to run to Lancaster canal , which may be more picturesque for photo opportunities ...:)

· Banned
57,317 Posts
I've never fell out of love, I even sold my GT to my mechanic so i still get to perve on her regularly! :)
I hope you get along mate :D

I can rip the pist out of you and spit at your bimmer :lol:

Long time no see mate, it would be great to meet up for a gab again :thumbs:

· Registered
2,635 Posts
I hope you get along mate :D

I can rip the pist out of you and spit at your bimmer :lol:

Long time no see mate, it would be great to meet up for a gab again :thumbs:
Thanks Tony :inlove: will be good to have a natter tho mate, I think I'm pretty much set for this one as the missus will be in work so leaves me free with Zac to tag along:))

I'll even let you have a drive of the RWD beast!!

· Banned
57,317 Posts
Thanks Tony :inlove: will be good to have a natter tho mate, I think I'm pretty much set for this one as the missus will be in work so leaves me free with Zac to tag along:))

I'll even let you have a drive of the RWD beast!!
RWD beast :cheese:

I might let you have a go in a proper monster 200 bhp five pot tractor :D

I did give a little :think: when I hadn't seen you on the M6 for the last few months :(

Did the plate stay on the GT or did you put it on the bimmer?

· Registered
2,635 Posts
RWD beast :cheese:

I might let you have a go in a proper monster 200 bhp five pot tractor :D

You might not get it back;)

I did give a little :think: when I hadn't seen you on the M6 for the last few months :(

:( that and my work which has been all over the place lately too.

Did the plate stay on the GT or did you put it on the bimmer?
Its currently on retention, as I don't pick the BM up until early March. I have been using hire cars and public transport to get around lately. :cry:

41 - 60 of 246 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.